Old 12-09-2013, 08:19 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannylou922 View Post
Curry Hammock State Park on Marathon Key is very nice. Bahia Honda is nice also. Although, the campsites are nicer at Curry Hammock. Bahia Honda's sites are nice on the ocean side, but they have a limit on the height of campers so for the most part; only tenters are allowed on ocean front.
I know those parks are nice, but, also tough to get a reservation. unless, unlike me, you know ur goin to the Keys ahead of time, and make reservations well in advance.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safirt View Post
We too will be heading south for January and February. Last year we did northern Florida in November and we loved it. A little cool but no bugs. If you see us down by the alligators my husband will be the one with the big smile. (newly retired)
WOW, where are you headed for Jan and Feb ? So far, I know i am leaving after christmas, staying jan 4-8 at grayton beach, and staying two weeks in feb. at trimble park in mt. dora, where i will fish with friends. So, I will kinda make my mind up on the rest of the stay as I go, at least thats my thinking now......Might stop in Myrtle beach on the way down, lots to do and great buffets, albeit chilly. The panhandle parks always had sites at the last minute last year, so, no problem there winging it again, i would assume.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #33

I don't think Knight's Key Campground is that hard to get into, particularly if you can stay in an infield site. Restaurant on site. It s located in Marathon at the foot of the 7 mile bridge. Geiger Key is another great CG just outside of KW. Also has onsite restaurant. Can you tell I like to eat? I've never had any luck with the state parks in the Keys.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspringator View Post
I don't think Knight's Key Campground is that hard to get into, particularly if you can stay in an infield site. Restaurant on site. It s located in Marathon at the foot of the 7 mile bridge. Geiger Key is another great CG just outside of KW. Also has onsite restaurant. Can you tell I like to eat? I've never had any luck with the state parks in the Keys.
Thanks for the tips ! good to know if i decide i want to head to the keys ! Last time I checked , boyd's in kw had openings, but, none of the state parks I checked. You sound like me, i put on a good 10-15 pounds last winter in Florida. Basically, I got too lazy to cook for myself every nite, went out to eat all the time.....you know the rest of the story ! hgahaha

Tags
a122