Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10x View Post
Here is a good place I have eaten at.
index
Ok, now I am hungry ! lol, thanks !
Old 11-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post
We have spent the better part of the day looking for a campsite during Christmas and New Years, so far, we are out in the cold, got any ideas?
kickster
I love the state parks in Florida, from my limited experience (last winter), they are beautiful, clean, and reasonably priced. ...and you can check them all out , and even pick out your site and reserve it, at Welcome to Florida State Parks

What area are you looking for?
Old 11-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #23
10x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post
We have spent the better part of the day looking for a campsite during Christmas and New Years, so far, we are out in the cold, got any ideas?
kickster
Have you gone to the Florida state parks site?

http://www.floridastateparks.org/thi...=12#activity12
Old 11-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #24
Berkshire 390QS

Have you gone to the FL state parks web site and put in the dates you want to camp? It lets you put in dates and will show what parks have openings. A little late to get into the most popular parks.
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsip View Post
Ok, but, these two wires are nowhere's near the tires, they are way up front, and only a few inches from a rusted off screw head in the frame. Also, the wires are only about few inches long where they come from a hole in the floor of the camper, directly under the box with the water heater, propane heater and electrical control box thingie. haha

The two wires to the brakes are blue and white, and seen intact.
On my camper there are a heavy green wire and a thinner white wire attached to the frame just as you say. I agree with using a good stainless screw (or machine screw and nut) so you don't have to worry about it again.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooneil View Post
On my camper there are a heavy green wire and a thinner white wire attached to the frame just as you say. I agree with using a good stainless screw (or machine screw and nut) so you don't have to worry about it again.
Yes, same wires, good, attached them back to the frame, pretty sure I got it right, but, will check that all is working in the camper, brakes included. Thanks!
Old 12-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #27
Flagstaff 22FBS

Smile about key west

Allow a full day travel to travel to and from Key West. It's slow driving and patrolled heavily. Also, they take hitting Key deer very seriously, so keep alert for them. Well worth the time to drive it though. There is a toll bridge onto Highway 1 at the beginning of the keys.

I've heard some folks stay on the more northern keys and drive down to Key West. Parking is limited on Key West, so do searches on public lots. It is very walkable with the main area on the southern part around the warf and along Duval. A bus runs around the key for transportation, but parts of the route are suspended after a certain hour in the evening, so you'll want to plan the bus stops to your parked vehicle accordingly.

We took the catamaran trip to Fort Jefferson Dry Tortuga's National Park. Expensive but a nice day trip tour.

For a terrific breakfast Blue Heaven is great. The best blueberry pancakes! It's very popular, so you may have to stand in line...just sayin'

Have fun planning your trip. I have no experience camping along there, we stayed in a motel the times I went to Key West. I think you'll find most of the state parks in FL are quite nice.

Deb

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:37 AM   #28

Curry Hammock State Park on Marathon Key is very nice. Bahia Honda is nice also. Although, the campsites are nicer at Curry Hammock. Bahia Honda's sites are nice on the ocean side, but they have a limit on the height of campers so for the most part; only tenters are allowed on ocean front.
nannylou922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #29

We too will be heading south for January and February. Last year we did northern Florida in November and we loved it. A little cool but no bugs. If you see us down by the alligators my husband will be the one with the big smile. (newly retired)
Safirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:17 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
Allow a full day travel to travel to and from Key West. It's slow driving and patrolled heavily. Also, they take hitting Key deer very seriously, so keep alert for them. Well worth the time to drive it though. There is a toll bridge onto Highway 1 at the beginning of the keys.

I've heard some folks stay on the more northern keys and drive down to Key West. Parking is limited on Key West, so do searches on public lots. It is very walkable with the main area on the southern part around the warf and along Duval. A bus runs around the key for transportation, but parts of the route are suspended after a certain hour in the evening, so you'll want to plan the bus stops to your parked vehicle accordingly.

We took the catamaran trip to Fort Jefferson Dry Tortuga's National Park. Expensive but a nice day trip tour.

For a terrific breakfast Blue Heaven is great. The best blueberry pancakes! It's very popular, so you may have to stand in line...just sayin'

Have fun planning your trip. I have no experience camping along there, we stayed in a motel the times I went to Key West. I think you'll find most of the state parks in FL are quite nice.

Deb
Hey, sorry, haven't been on the site for a while , been busy. Kinda think i will be goin to florida without many reservations.........i know it will be harder to get into the popular cg's, particularily if i head to the southern part of the state......but, not sure how far how south i will make it, and i kinda like what i did last year....making reservations on the road,,,,,,,,will probably start in the panhandle again, i loved it last year.......have a reservation at grayton beach sp, and will probably hit some of the other parks there again.

Taking my 12ft aluminum boat this year, on top of the truck bed on Thule racks, so I can fish. Most of the parks I stay at are either on the ocean, a lake or river!

Still might make it down to the Keys.....we'll see, maybe even take that high speed boat from ft. meyers for a day or two.

All I know is I am leaving right after christmas and don't have to be home til early March ! I am super psyched.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:19 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannylou922 View Post
Curry Hammock State Park on Marathon Key is very nice. Bahia Honda is nice also. Although, the campsites are nicer at Curry Hammock. Bahia Honda's sites are nice on the ocean side, but they have a limit on the height of campers so for the most part; only tenters are allowed on ocean front.
I know those parks are nice, but, also tough to get a reservation. unless, unlike me, you know ur goin to the Keys ahead of time, and make reservations well in advance.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safirt View Post
We too will be heading south for January and February. Last year we did northern Florida in November and we loved it. A little cool but no bugs. If you see us down by the alligators my husband will be the one with the big smile. (newly retired)
WOW, where are you headed for Jan and Feb ? So far, I know i am leaving after christmas, staying jan 4-8 at grayton beach, and staying two weeks in feb. at trimble park in mt. dora, where i will fish with friends. So, I will kinda make my mind up on the rest of the stay as I go, at least thats my thinking now......Might stop in Myrtle beach on the way down, lots to do and great buffets, albeit chilly. The panhandle parks always had sites at the last minute last year, so, no problem there winging it again, i would assume.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #33

I don't think Knight's Key Campground is that hard to get into, particularly if you can stay in an infield site. Restaurant on site. It s located in Marathon at the foot of the 7 mile bridge. Geiger Key is another great CG just outside of KW. Also has onsite restaurant. Can you tell I like to eat? I've never had any luck with the state parks in the Keys.
jspringator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspringator View Post
I don't think Knight's Key Campground is that hard to get into, particularly if you can stay in an infield site. Restaurant on site. It s located in Marathon at the foot of the 7 mile bridge. Geiger Key is another great CG just outside of KW. Also has onsite restaurant. Can you tell I like to eat? I've never had any luck with the state parks in the Keys.
Thanks for the tips ! good to know if i decide i want to head to the keys ! Last time I checked , boyd's in kw had openings, but, none of the state parks I checked. You sound like me, i put on a good 10-15 pounds last winter in Florida. Basically, I got too lazy to cook for myself every nite, went out to eat all the time.....you know the rest of the story ! hgahaha

Tags
a122