Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2016, 07:31 PM   #1

Heat pump user manual

Looking for the user manual for the heat pump. We've been running AC during this heat wave and "camping" in the driveway. Looked through my packet and can only find the installation instructions

It's cooling OK, but making some crackling noises periodically. Still new to all this and want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

I've read about keeping the fan on at night, but I'm not sure if I should switch from "cool" to " fan". Thought it might be time to read the directions.

Anybody know where I can find them? Plugged in the model number on the dometic site and it came up empty.

Thanks!

2016 A122S

TV: 2012 Silverado
PaCamper63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 12:28 AM   #2

The thermostat manual would help you set the heat pump and explain what the various settings will do. If you set fan on Lo and then thermostat to Cool it will run the fan continuously on low and cycle the compressor when cold air is required. If you set fan on high it will run fan continuously on high and cycle compressor as needed. If you set fan on auto or Au the fan and compressor come on and off as needed to lower temp to what you set on thermostat. The fan speed runs as needed (hi or low) automatically. The thermostat manual will tell you how to set fan according to your wishes. Set the fan how you want it to run first, then leave on cool. I'm not sure there is a manual for running the heat pump just the therm. manual. All I got was the installation manual also. As to the crackling, could be expansion and contraction noises or depending on how you set fan to run it can make some clicking noises at times. If I remember correctly after setting to fan you then push + button to set speed to Lo, Hi or Au.
Old 07-23-2016, 12:54 AM   #3

There is a sticky on a frame appliances at the beginning of the a frame forum that contains pdf files of most appliances in our a frames. On page three there is a post by rawlus with pdf files of appliances however the thermostat manual is of the old analog duo therm and not the digital one use currently. It may be of use for other manuals you may not have however.
Old 07-23-2016, 04:18 PM   #4

Thank you!

We'll get another chance tonight to give it a try.... ugh... another scorcher here today, whew!

paula

2016 A122S

TV: 2012 Silverado
PaCamper63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual, pump