Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2013, 11:18 PM   #1

Help I'm new!

Bought a 2014 Flagstaff T12BH for my wife last week and picked it up today!!! Stoked. She had no idea and was over the moon.
Went out for a test run then came home to open her up.

We love it, but.... Went to take it off the hitch and the electric hitch was dead as a doornail. Blown inline fuse...Hmm.... worked fine when I left the dealer. Either shorted to the chassis or bad switch, who knows yet.

When we went to close her up, I had a really hard time getting the latch to close on the door side (starboard). The latch was short by a good 1.5"
The port side was fine. Opened it up fully again and tried, but same issue. Looked and looked and studied the area where it may be hung up, but I could see nothing in the way. Ended up basically forcing it shut.

I went and bought some extra fuses in the mean time to replace the Hitch fuse (20amp). Anyone have experience with these or a wiring diagram? I did notice at the dealer that the hitch lift would operate up and down even with the on/off switch in the off position, so I'm guessing its a switch issue.

Any Ideas about the latch problem?

Other than that we are really excited to get up off the ground. Gonna do a short trip near home next weekend.

Heck Yeah!
chadrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #2

The sides and top are prone to racking if the trailer is not level, likewise if you use the ground supports to level or put excess pressure on any corner, you will have a hard time getting it latched.
Broadway Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:01 AM   #3

I have a new T12RBST and the first time I closed the roof it seemed high and did not look like it would latch. Standing next to the high side, I put my arm on it and push down on the roof and it moved down so I could latch it. I think the new rubber is just stiff, it seem to be less of a problem the last time I lower it. Do not know of a wireing chart, I do not have an Ele lift, maybe it needs a bigger fuse?? Ck the manual on the lift for fuse size.
We are enjoying our aframe it is a great unit. Welcome to the board.
1A Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #4

Make sure the entry door latch (on the top portion of the dutch door) isnt preventing it from laying flush when the roof comes down. This sometimes happens to me, no biggie - I push it back over to secure it in place (need to tighten the screw)

I also had to adjust the roof latches so they werent short. I adjusted it so it requires a slight forearm push on rooftop to close. Its an easy adjustment.

I removed the electric jack, so no help to you there.

Sounds like a wonderful gift for your wife! Once you have a comfort level in oprning and closing, hooking up and setting up & have a developed routine, you'll love the trailer all the more! Congratulations & welcome to the boards!!

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #5

Thanks for the quick replies. I'm going to head over to the storage lot today and play around a bit. Also realized that I need to find a way to disconnect the battery while it sits there (something I also learned here).
Thanks again!
chadrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #6

When raising or lowering your unit with the power jack, keep your safety chains clear from your jack as it is really sensitive and won't make your jack work. It happened to me before.
SurveyorWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #7

The service tech advised the easiest way was to just pull the fuse at the trailer's front if I wanted to disconnect everything.

Speaking of fuses, pick up a fuse kit & toss into your trailer to have on hand. We've blown the main one once & one in my tow rig (that operated the trailer's running lights).

If your in the middle of nowhere, you'll be happy you have those fuses! LOL

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #8

Where is this fuse at the trailer's front? There's a relay just underneath the left front corner (to which I attached the power jack lead) but that isn't something you can pull. I'll also need to install a battery disconnect - generally not hard to do but wouldn't it be a good idea to bypass the emergency electric brake so that always has power?
Derodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #9

I could not find one either on my 2014 trailer. What you are calling a relay, I was thinking was a circuit breaker. I add a switch at the battery and ran the brakes to the battery also so they are alway hot, in case I forgot to turn on the battery switch.
1A Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #10

Apparently the campers of just a few years ago had a fuse while newer ones have a circuit breaker on the positive wire. And I agree in setting up a battery switch so that it does not cut power to the break away switch.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote