Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #1

Here's the A124

Ok - I'm usually not excited about the next newest, or the latest and greatest. My previous thread even said the new 2012 A-series campers were relatively unchanged.

However, the replacement for the 2011/2012 A126 is the new A124. It includes a wet bath/cassette toilet combo.

Other notable changes, dual front bubble windows/shades, digital dometic thermostat, heater converter located new counter to the front of camper, added drawer and cabinet storage in this area, stove moved to front passenger side of camper with fridge underneath and drawer/cabinet to left.

Cassette for toilet now removes from hatch on outside of driver side of camper and fridge vents are on passenger side of outside away from windows and less likely to send up vent LP exhaust inside when windows opened.

Pretty nice setup. Found these pictures online:

Reese 66065 WDH, Curt WDH Shank #17120
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Mopar 7-pin Harness
B&M Transmission Cooler (#70268)
Jeep4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #2

Old 11-03-2011, 02:28 PM   #3

Old 11-03-2011, 02:45 PM   #4

I am also curious if there is a grey water tank on the A124 - would think with a shower there would be at least a small 15 or 20 gallon grey tank.

I do however see a drain outlet on the side near the sink just like my 2011 - so I'm doubting it.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:25 PM   #5

It looks like they are trying to cramp to many features into a small camper. I wish they would just eliminate the tinted bubble windows, and just make the side windows bigger. When you are in the camper, the roof window really is no big deal. I think they should just eliminate them, along with the leak issues that go along with them. If I could get rid of mine I would do so in a heartbeat. The more windows that they put on the roof, the more chance for a leak. I do not spend a whole lot of time in my camper during the day, if I did, I would just stay home. If the weather is bad and I am stuck in the camper I really don`t care what it looks like outside. Most of us spend the majority of our time in the camper at night, so whats the point of the added windows. I have spent some time in my A122 and I think it is a stupid design, the rest of the camper is really cool.

2016 A122 SXR (New)

2016 Toyota Tacoma DCLB
Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:44 PM   #6

Im kinda with mike on this issue. Although when I first looked into this units, I hated that fact that they had only one bubble roof window, but since camping in my unit for for the summer, I find the bubble windows a nausance. They warm up way to fast during the hot weather, and supply very little light during the day. I would be for more side windows, a possible screen door/full door and as for the bathroom ... well .. if you have kids it may be used .. but who has kids with units that only sleep 2 people ...

d-mo
Old 11-04-2011, 07:20 AM   #7

Everybody has different tastes, wants and needs. I bought the A122 because I wanted a permanent bed and dinette. I personally have no need for the indoor shower, it takes up too much usable space.

If I go remote camping I use a Cabelas pop-up shower tent placed at the off-door side of the camper next to the outside shower box.

Cabela's: Trekker Fold-A-Privy

2014 Silverado Double Cab 1500 5.3L V8 w/3.42 Axle Ratio Tow Vehicle

Sold: 2012 Rockwood A122 Hardside Popup
daveinpickerington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:31 AM   #8

All good points. A toilet was a must for my wife and I (no kiddos) so a shower is intriguing. It is a very full floor plan with the shower and you do loose the seat in the 1/2 dinette that is present in the A126.

I do like the extra windows on the roof for the added light, but also agree that more side windows would be a better way to lighten the interior.

Maybe Hamguy will do a side window mod over winter!
Old 11-04-2011, 11:24 PM   #9
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep4Two
Maybe Hamguy will do a side window mod over winter!
Let's see...where did I put my sawzall? And I'll need a volunteer to drop off their camper at my house...

@daveinpickerington--have you gotten good at stowing your portable outhouse? I have a similar-sized one (different brand and camo-patterned), and it was comic watching me trying to put it back in the round carrying case. The documentation was no help. I finally found a YouTube video that showed the tricky wrist motion needed to tame the potty monster.
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:44 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamguy1 View Post
@daveinpickerington--have you gotten good at stowing your portable outhouse? I have a similar-sized one (different brand and camo-patterned), and it was comic watching me trying to put it back in the round carrying case. The documentation was no help. I finally found a YouTube video that showed the tricky wrist motion needed to tame the potty monster.
I have the same problem.

Please share the video link.

2014 Silverado Double Cab 1500 5.3L V8 w/3.42 Axle Ratio Tow Vehicle

Sold: 2012 Rockwood A122 Hardside Popup
daveinpickerington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:20 AM   #11
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinpickerington View Post
I have the same problem.

Please share the video link.
Dave: look for a PM from me about it.
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
Old 05-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #12

Rockwood Dream Buggy

So what is the answer to the "grey water tank or drain for shower?
jeanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanette View Post
So what is the answer to the "grey water tank or drain for shower?
If you need a container for your shower water, try a four gallon aqua-tainer. It sits low so the water will have a bit of head to drain. At about 32 pounds when full of grey water, it can be emptied into a toilet at the campground or into a bigger container for later disposal. Four gallons is reported to be enough for two people taking navy showers.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooneil View Post
If you need a container for your shower water, try a four gallon aqua-tainer. It sits low so the water will have a bit of head to drain. At about 32 pounds when full of grey water, it can be emptied into a toilet at the campground or into a bigger container for later disposal. Four gallons is reported to be enough for two people taking navy showers.
Surely you jest! 32 lbs. that would be like lifting 3 sets of my dogs, and then dragging it/ them to a campground toilet. Someone will just have to call the campground police on me.
Rockwood A124
jeanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:59 PM   #15

To Jeep4Two nope no grey water tank. Drains on the back side
JeepJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:08 PM   #16

Its My 1st camper with a shower & I love it. Yes I could survive with just the outdoor shower but after all these years using shower houses, I'm glad I can shower in the privacy & comfort of my camper.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:14 PM   #17

There isn't a holding tank so you'll need to either drain it onto the ground or into a container. I have a grey water container that is on wheels. Sorry I've had it for decades so don't know what it's called but you could probably order one online if you don't live close to a RV store.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:52 PM   #18

Bubble windows in roof design

I'm sure that the folks who have the dinette set up totally understand why they have the double bubble window on that side. If you attempt to seat 4 folks at the dinette (maybe to play cards on a nasty weather day) the folks sitting on the inside will find the bubbles create the needed headroom for someone to sit there. I know it sounds weird...but it really does allow someone to sit there comfortably and have the headroom needed.
gdenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:15 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamguy1 View Post
Let's see...where did I put my sawzall? And I'll need a volunteer to drop off their camper at my house...

LOL - Lee!! This is the very same privacy tent I bought the first time & after having it up a few times, decided it was a product for someone less challenged than me....so I gave to my DH for truck camper & bought an easier model that pulls up and easily folds down in very little time. The visual anyone mightve seen me with the Cabela brand wouldve been hysterically funny at times. grr.

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #20
Mostly Harmless

To tell the truth, Tamara, I haven't taken that little shower/potty tent out of its case in over a year. I think if we decide we need something like it I'll have to get one like yours. Meanwhile the one I have bounces around in the back of the truck and serves as an object lesson about impulse buying. So it's not completely useless.
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator