Old 02-08-2016, 07:37 PM   #11
That makes sense, but the other replies in this thread seemed to be about problems while the camper is already setup, which is what I was wondering about as well.

Originally Posted by RichardEB View Post
An A frame is vulnerable to wind only for about 30 seconds when you are putting it up. If the top section is facing the direction of high wind it can cause the roof section to separate from the straps holding it in place before you have a chance to lock it down. Then it blows all the way over breaking the roof. In high winds delay opening the camper or turn it right angles to the wind so the roof doesn't sail away on you.

2014 Rockwood A122BH
2014 Nissan Pathfinder
bensinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:46 PM   #12
That may be true with new models, but I have 2013 a frame and several days after it was set up we had one day of rain and 35 mph winds. The two roof sections parted just enough for water to come through the peak of the two sections. I had to tie a rope from the front, up over the top and to the back stabilizer to bring the two sections together.

royboy334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 12:33 PM   #13
clarification please?

What kind of tension bar fits across thats long enough, and would a ratcheted tie down strap be better than a rope? I sbould attach the rope to the stabilizers?? Could you please explain in more detail? I'm a newbie at this type of unit.

Many thanks!
nursecrickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:55 AM   #14
There are long tension bars available. I use one more for hanging things in the trailer than reinforcing the walls, but I guess I am getting two birds with one stone. Helps to use all that empty space inside the center roof of the trailer.

2015 Rockwood A128S
2010 Rockwood 2604
2014 Ford F-250 CC SB 2WD
2008 Toyota Sequoia 2WD
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote