Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2018, 03:18 PM   #61

While parked in the driveway I have kept the windows open and the exhaust cover raised to help keep temps inside at ambient air temp. Today it's hit 120 here at the house backyard.
MontyPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 01:02 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdiver View Post
I now have a small tarp that I plan to use as a shield on the sun side of the trailer to help reduce heat but you have to get creative on how to hang it on an A-frame trailer.
I'd be interested in seeing how you do this when the mod is completed.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 06:08 PM   #63

Covering windows in direct sun camping spaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
Make cardboard cutouts of all windows,,, and then staple Reflectix to the cardboard,,, make sure they will fit behind the shades,,, so they will protect the shades and you will not have to look @ the cardboard,,, I did paint the inside of the door pieces white !!! We have a Sunseeker 2500TS !!!

Wolverine - quick question. Can you put the cardboard with the Reflectix between the shades and windows without attaching in any way? I've heard some say they attache with velcro - sorted of heated to use anything that would leave sticky residue with the fluctuation of temps in our campers. - Thanks Debbie
jdstrubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 06:53 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdstrubel View Post
Wolverine - quick question. Can you put the cardboard with the Reflectix between the shades and windows without attaching in any way? I've heard some say they attache with velcro - sorted of heated to use anything that would leave sticky residue with the fluctuation of temps in our campers. - Thanks Debbie
I use the reflectex on my front windows a just stuffed it in. I think I cut it to 14 or 15 inches square. You'll have to measure.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:05 AM   #65

Quote:
Very much so !!! The cardboard & Reflectix will protect the shades from the Sun also,,, and the shades will help hold cardboard in place,,, be careful not to cut the cardboard to small,,, and you will be able to squeeze it into place !!! The pieces I made for the doors of our Sunseeker have never fallen out !!!
I also took a large auto windshield shade,,, and enlarged it with Reflectix on both ends,,, clear shipping tape seams to work well,,, reflectix tape is $$$
I can't tell ya how much better the cab is with Reflectix in the windows than the flimsy drape that comes with the MH !!!
Roger...

Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 10:02 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyPP View Post
I use the reflectex on my front windows a just stuffed it in. I think I cut it to 14 or 15 inches square. You'll have to measure.
Sorry I measured it last night its 24" by 24" you won't need any support it stays in even during travel.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:57 PM   #67

Reflectix installed - test tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
Very much so !!! The cardboard & Reflectix will protect the shades from the Sun also,,, and the shades will help hold cardboard in place,,, be careful not to cut the cardboard to small,,, and you will be able to squeeze it into place !!! The pieces I made for the doors of our Sunseeker have never fallen out !!!
I also took a large auto windshield shade,,, and enlarged it with Reflectix on both ends,,, clear shipping tape seams to work well,,, reflectix tape is $$$
I can't tell ya how much better the cab is with Reflectix in the windows than the flimsy drape that comes with the MH !!!
Roger...

I'm chuckling - just now reading your response. Just finished STUFFIN' ours in alittle bit ago. Great minds think alike. Not home to get the cardboard but I'm thinking the STUFFIN' method will work just fine? We will see tomorrow when we get back from seeing THE ARK ENCOUNTER here in KY. AC's are just now starting to cycle so cooling for the evening/early morning... what a blessing that at least it cools down alittle over night. Thanks for the reply and the original post. Debbie
jdstrubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:24 AM   #68

Quote:
I'm chuckling - just now reading your response. Just finished STUFFIN' ours in alittle bit ago. Great minds think alike. Not home to get the cardboard but I'm thinking the STUFFIN' method will work just fine? We will see tomorrow when we get back from seeing THE ARK ENCOUNTER here in KY. AC's are just now starting to cycle so cooling for the evening/early morning... what a blessing that at least it cools down alittle over night. Thanks for the reply and the original post. Debbie
Not sure what the STUFFING METHOD is,,,
But what ever trips your trigger !!!

Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 02:23 PM   #69

Just want to thank everyone for the feedback. We camped over labor day weekend 92-95 degrees, very humid but with your help, we had the camper between 68-72 the whole weekend. The main issue was the AC vent channels were bent and kinked, restricting the air flow. I lifted the bed cover and found the issue. I straightened them out and all was good. I can't believe it came that way from the factory and the dealer did not fix it when we took it to them with the complaint. As soon as I did the work, I could tell the difference in the flow of air. We also added a tower fan to the camper to keep the air moving.

Thanks again!!!
krasay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper