Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2017, 09:44 AM   #1
Itching to go . . .

How-to remove front tray/bin

I posted this with another question but did not get any replies so I thought I'd post as a separate question. I'd like to replace the large sliding tray in the front storage area of our HW Aframe. We want to use several bins instead.

Has anyone else removed the tray/bin? How do you remove the track from the floor? I don't see any screws.

Thanks for your help; you guys are awesome!
Old 11-05-2017, 09:57 AM   #2

If you notice, other than the top cover, the compartment is integral to the sides of the camper. Now if you’re only interested in removing the tray from the lower compartment, that is completely doable. Just tape up the restraining hook and slide it out. Finally, it is entirely possible (but I’m not sure because I haven’t looked closely) that the plywood shelf & its support in the upper portion of that compartment could be removed, making the compartment accessible from the top. If there are no screws holding the tray you will probably have to cut it out, maybe by using a small rotary cutter (Dremel style, but perhaps more robust).
Old 11-05-2017, 10:29 AM   #3
Itching to go . . .

Tray & track only

tjwoody - I'm only looking to remove the huge plastic tub and it track. I appreciate having the upper and lower areas separated. Using the tub, to me, isn't very practical.
The tub is out, but I cannot see how the track for it is attached to the floor - it's not obvious. I'd rather not completely destroy it in case I decide to reinstall. I was hoping someone who had removed theirs could give me some direction.
Thanks!
Old 11-05-2017, 12:59 PM   #4

My 2017 has screws in the ends in the indents. Not sure if there are any in the center.
MontyPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 04:57 PM   #5

I removed mine. Look harder, there are screws.
steve02bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 09:40 PM   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to Doc Wu
My A122S had a half-width tray in the back. Worse than useless. I took it out. There were screws in the bottom.

You'll have an easier time of it in the front, I think. I only had access from the side door and the screws in back were a contortionist's nightmare.
Doc Wu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:58 AM   #7
Itching to go . . .

Got 'er done

Thanks guys! I looked harder and did in fact find the screws - one at each north/south rib. When I first looked I thought they were some other kind of fastener. Four screws later the track for the giant tub is out.
We bought three collapsible bins from Costco (& there is enough space left over for a milk crate also) so now we should be able to better utilize and access the front storage.
Happy camping! & stay warm!
Old 11-14-2017, 11:13 PM   #8

I removed mine and moved two AGM batteries into the middle of the compartment. No more stolen batteries.
carlsbad is offline   Reply With Quote