Old 03-07-2015, 03:23 PM   #21

Truck lights all work fine, plugged a tester into the receptacle and the screws holding it to the bumper broke off rusted clean through. Uhaul installed it they can fix it. Nice to know it's not the a122s that caused the issue.

Old 03-21-2015, 04:56 PM   #22

Microwave inside the house started acting up. Would turn the light, fan and carousel on when the door was opened. No the magnatron wasn't running. So as luck would have it I had a brand new microwave sitting out in the camper that will never be used there. Key word, had. It now sits in the kitchen. Liked the vent ducts so left them in place and just took off the grill that held it into the cabinet. So begins the mods....lol. Need to install a battery meter like I've seen others do on here and then tidy up the wires so we can use that space for storage.

Old 03-22-2015, 12:07 PM   #23

Congrats on your new addition! Hope you get many years of enjoyment out of it! Our A-Frame is my most favorite of all the rvs we've owned!

That was a convenient trade out with the microwave! I didn't think I'd use mine, but I do especially when I am traveling solo and have power. Can't wait to see what mods you do inside! (Dont forget to post photos) We've had ours for years and still occasionally refine the living space here and there.

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 08:12 AM   #24
Retread Popup Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbuilder View Post
That was a convenient trade out with the microwave! I didn't think I'd use mine, but I do especially when I am traveling solo and have power.
We were surprised to find the same. We don't miss it at all when dry camping, but when camping with electric it comes in darn handy. A couple packs of microwave popcorn have been added to our camping list.

Camping Photos
Camper Mods
Wojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:01 AM   #25

Me I use an Air popper. Works great and since I I don't like all that salt and butter that comes with microwaveable popcorn. So I have a little storage area instead of a microwave.
Its Cute but......
Total 87(2014) 58(2015) 77(2016) 95(2017)
dts3204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:15 AM   #26

Congrats on the purchase. I like the fact that no sooner then you get it home and you've already started the mods!
Please post pics as you progress.
Eric F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:25 AM   #27

WEll isn't that way A frame owners are/ I mean you start the minute you get home to customize your place then keep doing it till the day you get rid of it.
Its Cute but......
Total 87(2014) 58(2015) 77(2016) 95(2017)
dts3204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 12:33 PM   #28

Nice.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:00 PM   #29

First leak

Found a small puddle on the microwave cabinet. Figured maybe there was some snow that was in the peak and had melted during a warm day. Cleaned it up and a few days later after a rain I find it again. Not coming from the roof. Outside next to the door, there is a lip that runs along the bottom of the wall just above hinge joint. It stops about an 1/8 of an inch from the door frame. Yep that's where the water got in. A temp fix of duct tape over the gap during a snow storm...warmed up today. Have checked three times and no more water on microwave cabinet counter. When it warms up enough, the duct tape will come off and a tiny dab of silicon will make for a permanent fix. Roof, bubble windows and vent are all dry. Amazing, a tiny 1/8 of an inch gap.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:24 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJofWolfcreek View Post
Found a small puddle on the microwave cabinet. Figured maybe there was some snow that was in the peak and had melted during a warm day. Cleaned it up and a few days later after a rain I find it again. Not coming from the roof. Outside next to the door, there is a lip that runs along the bottom of the wall just above hinge joint. It stops about an 1/8 of an inch from the door frame. Yep that's where the water got in. A temp fix of duct tape over the gap during a snow storm...warmed up today. Have checked three times and no more water on microwave cabinet counter. When it warms up enough, the duct tape will come off and a tiny dab of silicon will make for a permanent fix. Roof, bubble windows and vent are all dry. Amazing, a tiny 1/8 of an inch gap.
And it begins!

Eric F. is offline   Reply With Quote