Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2015, 05:55 PM   #41

I pulled out the coax outlet down by the floor light, enlarged the hole to 1 1/8" and put the 12 volt outlet there. Was going to put on the side by the radio but with a 9 year old going in and out, that was begging for a problem. Where it's at now is the most out of the way and charging cords will still reach up to the counter. The plug in voltmeter gets stored in that drawer, taken out to check on battery then put back.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:05 PM   #42

That is where I put my 12V outlets for the same reasons. Minus the nine year old that is.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:57 PM   #43
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooneil View Post
Hey guys, get a room and stop hijacking CJofWolfcreek's thread with bickering.
Need a happy pill.........lighten up,bud.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 12:02 AM   #44

Garden hose on adapter was especially slow in draining the sink. I got a 1 1/2" pvc P trap kit and a flexible extension tube that goes down and into the 5 gallon container. Looks better and drains better.
Old 06-21-2015, 10:50 PM   #45

Still tweeking things but seem to have found how the splash guard works best for us. Got a roll of adhesive backed magnetic stripping and attached that to the bottom of the aluminum frame. Tried sticking the other strip down to the counter but its adhesive isn't strong enough to prevent the magnet from pulling it up. So the wife got a roll of gorilla tape and we taped the strip down with that and it held firm all this weekend. The guard slopes down from what would be wall to edge so we have it backwards, high side towards us, low side to the wall and it keeps the water from getting on the bedding.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:38 AM   #46

Nice idea to use the magnetic strip.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:32 PM   #47

Got a Renogy 100 watt folding solar set up and played with it a bit this weekend. Even overcast it was producing 13.9 volts. As wired it won't work with the Z-amp pre installed connector. The polarity is reversed. It would be a simple swap of wires at the controller but then I'd need to remember to swap back if I use the alligator clamps to go directly to the batteries. Found a SAE plug that reverses polarity but it doesn't specify wire gauge. What gauge should I be looking for?