Old 07-14-2016, 05:24 PM   #1

Question Jayco or Forest River A-Frame A122BH

I'm trying to decide which one to go with. They look some what similar. We are looking at the A122BH model with the front Bike rack on it. Checking to see what everyone thoughts and concerns with both models are. Thanks.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:33 PM   #2

first post welcome to the forum this is the place to get your questions answered. My advice is forget about the factory brochures and go and spend some time in both, when I say the more then a few minutes. Pretend you are camping and see how each fits then make the decision on which will work the best for what you want to do. JMHO

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWA Arkansas View Post
I'm trying to decide which one to go with. They look some what similar. We are looking at the A122BH model with the front Bike rack on it. Checking to see what everyone thoughts and concerns with both models are. Thanks.
One thing to keep in mind is that Forest River has been in the A-Frame game a few years longer than Jayco. I believe Jayco has actually dropped their A-Frame line.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:14 PM   #4
Georgia Frog Rally 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
first post welcome to the forum this is the place to get your questions answered. My advice is forget about the factory brochures and go and spend some time in both, when I say the more then a few minutes. Pretend you are camping and see how each fits then make the decision on which will work the best for what you want to do. JMHO
X 2 later RJD
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days booked for 2016--60 missed by 2
Days camped in 2016 58
Days booked so far in 2017 37
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:15 PM   #5

We looked at Jayco when shopping for our a frame. It didn't have the fit and finish of the Rockwood and just felt "cheap" overall.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:18 PM   #6
Dr Travel

Rockwood. Rockwood. Rockwood.
Old 07-15-2016, 02:29 PM   #7

Jayco v. Flagstaff

I suppose everyone has had good and bad experiences with both brands. All I know is that my friend bought a Jayco and I bought a Forest River Flagstaff MicroLite 21FBRS at the same time. I had defects and repair issues within months of purchase; my friend's Jayco is still in show room condition. His RV dealer walked him through his purchase and answered his questions before taking his money; my dealer took my money and ran. I needed roadside assistance and Coach -Net was useless. My electric awning and TV antenna completely blew off on the interstate, both secured, and Forest River said I must have crashed into something or otherwise done something wrong. It wouldn't even replace a defective converter/charger that blew up within the first month of purchase. I have learned that you get what you pay for, and buyer beware, in the RV business. Also, it helps greatly to be a Do It Yourselfer.
Old 07-15-2016, 03:23 PM   #8

I really love my Flagstaff T12RBST (Same as A122BH, different dealer franchise). So far 5000K miles and 60 days camping. The only problem has been the large skylight has leaked, even after 2 repair attempts. If you can wait for a special-order unit, I would recommend deleting the skylights and going with solid roofs. BTW, I am not the only owner with this problem.

Old 07-15-2016, 05:09 PM   #9

I don't know Jayco's commitment to the A Frame. I do know that Forest River has A Frames in the Rockwood and Flagstaff lines under the Forest River brand, as well Clipper and Viking lines in the Coachmen brand and Palomino and Real-Lite under the Palomino brand. Three or four years ago they did not have this large of a lineup. Admittedly, most of them are identical in floor plans, but having so many brands available will increase the number of dealers with FR A frame lines available and hopefuly maintenance expertise.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:06 PM   #10

We couldn't be happier with our Flagstaff T21QBHW .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	238.3 KB
ID:	114197  

Tags
forest river, frame, a122, a122bh, a-frame