Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2014, 05:46 PM   #1

Kenwood Stereo Outside Speaker

Wondering if anyone has experienced a problem with their outside speaker; it works fine on AM/FM, however when I switch to AUX and plug my IPhone via the headphone jack the inside speakers play fine, but the outside speaker does not work. I've played around with the fader settings, but no luck...not a huge deal but kind of irritating.

Also, anyone had issue with the inside valance along the front and back coming un-glued (the curtain material that hides the wires and hinges)? The glue doesn't seem strong enough to stay attached. Keeps falling down and I keep re-attaching it.

Another note: I've replaced four of the six bolts that hold the stove glass to the hinges due to breakage and basic unreliability.

2015 A122TH
Teamvandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:41 PM   #2

Figured out the speaker issue, turns out when the cable jack was inserted completely into the stereo, it wouldn't work. As I was testing, I unplugged the jack 1/2 way out of the stereo and the speaker started working.
Teamvandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:55 AM   #3

I've actually noticed the same thing, and ended up using a slightly different cable. The channel that it uses for outside wasn't connecting!
Old 07-23-2014, 02:56 PM   #4

So that is what they are called Valences yeah my rear one keeps falling down. Stopped using the Kenwood lousy AM reception. So I use my weather radio for that. FM is good but since there is no timer to shut it off use my Sat boom box or IPad for sleepy time tunes. What has anyone done to keep the ranges knobs from working loose during travel. I try some locktitie no go. Will try something different after this weeks supply run .
Its Cute but......
Total (2104-2017) 319 2018 (59)
dts3204 is offline   Reply With Quote