Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2018, 08:42 PM   #1

Leak on Roof During Heavy rain? Drips on Face.

So last weekend we went on a camping trip on Galveston Island. Storms on Friday night were crazy! I did not hear anything until I felt a drip (well many) on my forehead. After an investigation, I determined that the leak was coming from the very top of the camper. To stop the leak I had to re-seat the Left roof of the camper. It stopped after that. The problem I had then was that I had to pee... We will leave that discussion for a later time!

My suggestion for those of you who do not want this to happen to you is:
1. Make sure the roof is set correctly
2. put something like a shower curtain rod in place to re-enforce the side walls and as a reminder to re-set the roof.
3. have a portable toilet!!! I relied on prayer (which worked)
Old 10-26-2018, 12:19 PM   #2

Mine won't even latch into place unless everything is well seated and the camper is decently level.

2018 T21TBHW A-Frame
2012 Nissan Pathfinder
tlspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 12:46 PM   #3

My neighbor at the local storage has a fitted tarp over his A-frame camper (forget the maker). I imagine he's had some leakage there or this may be a winter cover -- can't tell if the trailer has moved in the past year.

I apply Shin-Etsu-Grease to the rubber seals on my Honda S2000 roadster at least once a year and on the seals on my Roo hybrid. Some sort of silicone specifically required for my car. Seems to work well for both applications.

-- Chuck
Chuck_S is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, roo, roof