Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #1

Leaky bubble window

After washing my A122 I noticed a small leak along one side of the bubble window. Looks like the caulk job along the left edge of the window is separating slightly. The other three sides look healthy. I'll just clean it and recaulk, and keep an eye on it.
toleworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:13 AM   #2

GE 9 oz. Clear Silicone Caulk M90016

found at Home Depot
and many many other places
it pays to buy the best
last sooo much longer

GE Silicone II Window & Door Clear caulk

Mountainman
Mountainmanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:05 AM   #3

After I picked up my A128S I checked the caulking around the roof windows and found one area about an 1 1/2 " that had no caulk at all. Cleaned it out and caulked it up. Just goes to show you that even brand new from the factory to the dealer, this area was missed by everyone. Pays to check the caulking often, I try to do once a month.
I also use the Outdoor White Silicone caulk, works good and does last.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #4

There ae a few oth threads here about this. I believe the factory is not sealing the bubble window with a combo of caulk followed by a special sealing tape, this provides a longer lasting and more protective and durable seal. Caulk alone I would expect to observe more closely and perhaps remove and replace in a more frequent basis.
rawlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #5

My window was installed incorrectly at the factory ,which resulted in the corners of the window cracking. The dealer installed a new one and used a thick tape to seal the window. I don`t have pics of the new window, but someone else posted up some good ones of their replacement window, maybe someone will find that post and copy the link here.

The factory is aware of this issue,so it will be fixed at the dealer with no charge to you.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...cks-16188.html

2016 A122 SXR (New)

2016 Toyota Tacoma DCLB
Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #6

one word ... the big W word.
all these Aframes are covered by a 5 year roof ... 25 year floor and if you purchased the extended warrenty for 100 bucks or so .. a lifetime warrenty for the sides, cabinatry, frame and other thingies that I cant recall.
Dont dink around with your roof or windows ... take it in .. get it fixed under what insurance you paid for at the time you purchased your Aframe. This way it is on record for any further problems .. if any arise.

d-mo
Old 01-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #7

What d-mo said. Let the dealer repair it.

I personally only take my trailer to the dealer if the problems are not fixable by me. Here is a link to a thread regarding window leaks. My post talks about the tape my dealer used on my windows prior to delivery. Scroll down a few posts to see photos of the window. Make sure your dealer uses this tape for your repair. This is the way FR used to seal the window.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post142386

Dave

2014 Silverado Double Cab 1500 5.3L V8 w/3.42 Axle Ratio Tow Vehicle

Sold: 2012 Rockwood A122 Hardside Popup
daveinpickerington is offline   Reply With Quote