Old 05-11-2016, 06:46 PM   #11
Hey...not to worry...sometimes weird nieghbours do some very stupid things....because they dont like you...or the trailer in your driveway....i remember neighbour in a condo where i used to live...this fool phoned me in all the time because my PUP was in my own parking space...and the truck was in visitors....problem was fixed with a little shot of expoxy glue in all his doorlocks.. never had an issue again

2008 Nissan Frontier 4x4
2011 Rockwood A122
D-mo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:19 PM   #12
Anything would require a mod and this looks like it would be a clean installation.

It had never occurred to me to lock the water cap, but we each have our own concerns and level of comfort. But my friends tell me I am too nonchalant about things. So go for it if you feel it is needed.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:03 PM   #13
Professional Texan
I actually had someone pour about a quart of oil based paint into my fresh water tank. This happened at a storage facility. I don't know who, when or why. I don't typically use my fresh water tank. The underside of the trailer was open so I noticed it through the translucent water tank while I was inspecting "stuff" under my trailer. Fortunately I had water in the tank so the paint coagulated in the water. I dropped the tank and managed to get it all out through the fill neck. I move to another storage site with better security and used the trailer for a few years more. My new trailer has all hook-ups behind a locked door. Just to say, it can happen. I really don't think about it much.
Texas Bob
2015 Chevrolet Silverado HD2500 Z71
2013 Prime Time Tracer Executive 2640 RLS

TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 08:30 AM   #14
Locking fresh water inlet

I am one of those that feels a locking cover on the fresh water fill on a camper is a good thing. We are rather surprised that our new A frame does not have one. Not surprising is of course that the manufacturer saves money on this. I had just watched several you tube videos on how to sanitize your fresh water tank, and not one of the campers in any of the demos, did not have a locking cap on the fresh water tank fill. I too am looking for an easy way to put that on our new A frame. I have heard too many stories of people having stuff put in the gas tank of their cars, prior to locking lids. What is wrong with a ounce of prevention. Color me crazy too if you like.

2015 Flagstaff T12TST A Frame
2011 Toy. Sienna w/tow prep
Bob P is offline   Reply With Quote

tank, water, water tank