Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2016, 09:39 AM   #1

Maiden Voyage Coachmen Clipper

We took our 2016 Coachman Clipper on its maiden voyage this past weekend to Eisenhower State Park. We had a great time and loved the camper. We set up an outside mesh tent to keep the mosquitoes out. We had no issues other than my wife getting a little too hot sleeping on the inside part of the bed. That will be fixed with a little fan pointed in her direction to circulate the air a bit more. We already booked a spot for the weekend of the 14th and are looking for a spot for this weekend. We got a lot of looks from the other campers about the a frame. People are not used to seeing these. One guy walked by and complimented it. On his return trip he asked if he could see inside. We are really looking forward to spending a lot of time with this camper and I am sure we will make long lasting memories.
yoldering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:53 AM   #2

On our A-frame, we usually need to turn the Fantastic Fan (vent fan) on low and open a window (or more) to get the air circulating. If there's a decent breeze, just opening the vent, and leaving the fan off is sufficient. Because of the roof angle, it's very hard for rain to get in through the vent. We almost always have the vent at least partially open.

We also get better circulation from the heater or air conditioner with the vent at least cracked a little.

Congratulations on your new camper.

Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122 A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage (minivan)
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
last trip: Black Hills, Custer SP
next trip: Utah 5 national parks
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:07 PM   #3

Yes, with the change in temps here it was hard to get a handle on the temps. Should be better next time. Thanks for the suggestion on the vent. We will keep that in mind. Here was the set up.

Old 10-04-2016, 01:29 PM   #4

A little fan helps a lot to circulate the cool air. Its fun meeting people camping who are intrigued by the popup.
Old 10-05-2016, 03:12 PM   #5

A successful shakedown ttip. Congratulations.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 03:32 PM   #6

I'm really digging the storage boxes on that model!

One other tip on leaving the fan open. On my maiden voyage, the temps outside got really cold. I woke up to the inside of the camper coated in condensation. I leave mine open at least a little, regardless of temp, and the furnace keeps up just fine.

Enjoy your new A-Frame. I'm still in love with mine

2016 212HW led valiantly into the beyond by a 2010 Track Edition Ford Ranger 4x4.

Nights camped 2016: 14
Nights camped 2017: 11 (so far)
Luv70sFords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 11:27 PM   #7

Thanks for the advise on the fan. I love the storage as well. It is removable as well.
Old 10-27-2016, 01:39 PM   #8

We took out second trip a little over a week ago. It was much better. I bought a small fan to place at the foot of the bed to help circulate the air a bit better. I also parked the camper a little farther away from the edge of the pad so we didn't have such a huge step down. We stayed a Isle Du Buis unit at Ray Roberts State Park and had a great time.[/IMG]

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...015_151358.jpg
Old 10-28-2016, 07:29 AM   #9

That's a nice park. I like that area of Texas.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 05:27 PM   #10

Just got back from a great weekend camping trip to the South Sulphur unit at Cooper Lake State Park. We had a great time enjoying the cool weather Finally!!! The leaves are finally changing colors. The hiking trails were great and we were able to do some fishing as well! We picked a great stop just off of the lake. That park is nice and quiet. Also the campsites are very far apart. We could not even see the folks next to us. We are trying to get one more trip in before Thanksgiving, but all of the parks seem to be booked up next weekend. Here is a photo of the campsite. It was number 58 if anyone wants to know. Short walk to the facilities.

Tags
coachmen