Old 06-13-2016, 12:48 PM   #1
Maiden Voyage / one issue

2016 FR Rockwood A122 - Maiden Voyage complete!
We had one issue that I think I might submit directly to FR.

We are very happy with our purchase. However, I thought I would share the one issue we had so that anyone else with a 2016 might consider the modification before traveling.

Based on pictures it looks like maybe the pre-2016 models had a support bar all the way across the dining seating area to support the table when made to a bed. Well 2016 model only has 4 plastic supports you will see in the photos.

We decided we would set up the 2nd bed so we would not have to fuss with it just incase we found the full size too small for two of us in the middle of the night. So we did that. My husband sat on it and it went crashing to the floor. It completely pulled the screw right out.

We knew we could take it back for the dealer to repair, but hubby figured he would do a much better job and make sure that doesn't happen again. Really all that was probably needed was a washer and bolt on the end of each screw, but he took it a step further and put the support all the way to the floor board. Then we noticed the table was actually cut a little small and not hitting his support so he added a small piece to the top of his support to widen it. He also had to move one of the FR plastic supports over just a tad bit in order for his to fit in the space that went down beside the heat vent. Now I feel confident that I won't crash to the floor.

I questioned the strength on the walk through and was assured it was okay. I think FR needs to modify this. Just curious if this happened to anyone else?

We were forced to sleep together---Oh darn lol.. but it was fine. Love the camper, love seeing everyones modification ideas. I think the USB ports will be on my honey-do list.

Happy Camping~
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer Fix.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	274.6 KB
ID:	111006   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer Fix2.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	270.3 KB
ID:	111007  

IslandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:28 PM   #2
World Traveler Member
I have had my A194HW for about a year and a half and we use it a lot and repairs are a way for life with mine. I did add a port for charging our cell phones and devices as soon as I got my trailer and I took the cable TV plate out and modified it to now I have both Cable TV connector with a USB dual charger just above the Night light and I use the power switch for the light to power both now as I used mostly at night to charge my devices anyway. I later installed a Cigarette lighter power port by the door for my DC TV and or another car adapter/ USB charger and all this works great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer phone charger.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	344.1 KB
ID:	111100  

2014 A194HW
2004 Toyota 4runner V8 4WD
abdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 03:58 PM   #3
Congrats on your maiden voyage! We had ours and have another scheduled soon. I know I need the repetition to cement some of the workings in my brain. I have a list of potential mods but hadn't thought about the bed supports. Going to be ready to use it next time out as my DH got a bit claustrophobic next to the wall. I just finished waxing the walls and the roof it next...UV protection here in Colorado. We also oiled/greased the steps and the stabilizers. I am still working on rugs, storage, etc. And figuring out how to cover it..we don't have inside storage. Reading lots of good suggestions for that! I want to make sure we protect the skylights!

Post your mods as they happen, I love seeing what people are doing. Thanks for sharing!
Flagstaff T12BH A-Frame 2016
2006 Toyota Tacoma 4X4
mollypcb is offline   Reply With Quote