Old 07-03-2019, 09:07 AM   #1

Mid-South A-Frame Owners

I live just outside Memphis in Hickory Withe and are looking to purchase a hard side A Frame Forrest River Camper. The closest dealer that has anything to see is 4+ hours away and the closest with a 2020 is 6 hours. We want to purchase one badly but have never stepped foot inside one. Is there anyone close to the Memphis area that owns a Forrest River A Frame hard side camper that we could visit to just quickly take a look at? Please contact me here or even better you can text me at 901-634-1747.

Thank You!

kramergutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 04:02 PM   #2

Anyone have an A Frame in Area

The new 2020s have come in and they are pressuring me for a deposit but still have not walked through one. Anyone close to Memphis Area that would be kind enough to let us see their hard side A Frame it would be so so so appreciated.

kramergutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 04:47 PM   #3

I'm in CA, but happy to answer any questions you might have. We own a 2014 a122
Black-ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 04:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramergutt View Post
The new 2020s have come in and they are pressuring me for a deposit but still have not walked through one. Anyone close to Memphis Area that would be kind enough to let us see their hard side A Frame it would be so so so appreciated.
JMO, think long and hard about buying “NEW” and research what’s available in the used market.

Everyone I’ve spoken to along with many forums state how much time that oh so pretty brand spankin new RV is spending in the shop having warranty issues resolved.

But to each his own.
pkmkaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 09:41 AM   #5

In the A-frame world, used ones don't save much money. Resale prices are very good. I sold my 2014 A122 last year for $10K that I only paid $10.5K for.

As for things that go wrong with an A-frame - the biggies are the side panel and roof hinges and leaks around the roof windows. Unless you are pretty skilled, these can be tough to fix on your own. I'd rather have the problem on a new A-frame with warranty backup than a used one with no warranty - especially since used ones often cost upwards of 70% of new.

But as with all new RVs, the dealer you buy it from makes all the difference in the world. Before you even think of signing, check out the repair/service department. How many A-frames do they work on? Do they know the differences between A-frames and other RVs?

If you want to see "should cost" pricing for a new A-frame, check out the web site for Roberts RV sales in Denver. They publish honest prices, and a whole lot of good info about the various models and floor plans.

hope this helps
Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
prev 2014 Rockwood A122 A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 01:16 PM   #6

Krammergut,
We're in North Little Rock and have a new 2018 213. We bought it new from a dealer for a lot less the the 2020s or the 1019s.
If you interesred in taking a look text me at 5019405339. We love ours and are exited to share

JackS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a-frame, frame