Old 04-27-2015, 12:57 PM   #11
Updated Photos

This morning I finished the installation of the storage cabinet in our trailer. To semi-permanently secure it I used "plumbers perforated steel tape", or "steel strap tape", and 3M Automotive Trim tape. Both were available at my local Ace Hardware.

The factory installed front wall table / bed mount is easy to access and fairly strong. So that was the point the "strap tape" routed to for securing the cabinet. I ran the first strap down the middle of the back of the cabinet and screwed it to the cabinet frame. After measuring the height of the trailer table mount I ran a second strap at that same height across the back of the cabinet. Again secured with wood screws to the cabinet frame. The two straps cross over the table mount. (Which is now nicely hidden behind the strap tape in the picture. ) I then secured the cabinet to the mount with three wood screws. Here is a picture looking in to the cabinet:

I used the 3M tape to secure the base of the cabinet to the flooring. A twelve inch strip on all four sides keeps the cabinet from shifting either left to right or up and down. For those not familiar with the tape it is the same tape car manufactures use for adding body molding to new vehicles. I have been using it for years whenever I need to "stick" something to something else. I have never had it fail to hold...just be really sure what you are sticking is were you want before you pull off the backing!

Last here is a photo showing the cabinet after I lowered the sides. There is plenty of room to go around three inches higher if you find a different cabinet than I used. Over all I'm quite satisfied with how this mod worked out...

Let me know if you have any questions...

2017 Sunseeker GTS 2800 QSF
TOAD: 2016 Ford Edge Titanium FWD

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:02 PM   #12
That's a nice mod, now you have a Chamber Pot....hidden good idea...

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 05:19 PM   #13
Nice Installation

Having this space for installing a cabinet is awesome. The original table is also too large for us. I will be using a Lifetime folding table that is smaller and lightweight. Our previous Coleman popup had the original table taken out and the smaller table offered different options in its use. Great ideas on this forum.

A-Frame Don is offline   Reply With Quote

cat, ford, storage, modifications