Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2015, 06:17 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
RedLdr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 1,217
Wink Moving To The "Darkside"

Today we traded in our T21QBHW as a down payment on a 2016 Sunseeker MBS 2400W order. Our travel plans have changed and having a small motor home makes more sense for what we want to do over the next few years. I've never owned a motor home before so this may be a real "interesting" experience. I've never owned a Mercedes before either so I guess I need to brush up on my German!

Before anyone asks the T21's trade in value was $12,000. Add in the sales tax advantage and we actually netted $12,750 towards our new vehicle. I should have charged the dealership for the class I gave them on setting up and taking down the unit!

While preparing our A-Frame for trade in I uncovered a case of 3M 4412N Tape in the 2 inch X18 Yard roll size I'd purchased and then buried in my garage. I'm keeping on roll in my tool box for "just in case". But that leaves me with five rolls I don't need. Please see my For Sale post in the Forest River Classifieds | Buy |Sell |Trade if you are interested.

Our 2400W won't be delivered until around September 1st. So without an RV I'll be hanging out here on the forums even more...

__________________

__________________
Wayne and Christine
2018 Sunseeker FT TS2390
Chassis: Ford Transit 350HD, 3.7L Gas, Six speed automatic

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:37 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,728
Herzlichen Glückwunsch zu der anhängigen Ankunft.

(=Congratulations on the pending arrival, so says Google)
__________________

__________________
Tom

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:07 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
DanM-AZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 137
I see ... So buying my first "RV", my Rockwood A-128, is going to be sort of like a gateway drug. Uh huh.
If only I knew what I was getting into ...

Congrats!
__________________
Dan

2012 Rockwood A128 (no S)
2016 Ram Outdoorsman 5.7L Hemi 4x4
DanM-AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:43 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
Today we traded in our T21QBHW as a down payment on a 2016 Sunseeker MBS 2400W order. Our travel plans have changed and having a small motor home makes more sense for what we want to do over the next few years. I've never owned a motor home before so this may be a real "interesting" experience. I've never owned a Mercedes before either so I guess I need to brush up on my German!

Before anyone asks the T21's trade in value was $12,000. Add in the sales tax advantage and we actually netted $12,750 towards our new vehicle. I should have charged the dealership for the class I gave them on setting up and taking down the unit!

While preparing our A-Frame for trade in I uncovered a case of 3M 4412N Tape in the 2 inch X18 Yard roll size I'd purchased and then buried in my garage. I'm keeping on roll in my tool box for "just in case". But that leaves me with five rolls I don't need. Please see my For Sale post in the Forest River Classifieds | Buy |Sell |Trade if you are interested.

Our 2400W won't be delivered until around September 1st. So without an RV I'll be hanging out here on the forums even more...

I sure could use a roll of that 3M 4412N tape. Been thinking about doing the skylights on my aframe, but just find it to be crazy expensive. I looked in classified here and can't find it anywhere. Do you still have any left? I have one big skylight, two small, and two small vents as well. Do you think I would need two rolls? I have a couple of small leaks where evidence of moisture is showing on the inside but it is minor and I cannot find the source, so thought I might just try taping around all the skylights as a preventative measure.
__________________
epcotisbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:44 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 24
Oh, and congrats on the Sunseeker!
__________________
epcotisbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:50 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 24
Found the ad in the forum classifieds this morning. It must have been awaiting approval last night. I'm gonna pass at $65.
__________________
epcotisbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:55 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
RedLdr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 1,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM-AZ View Post
I see ... So buying my first "RV", my Rockwood A-128, is going to be sort of like a gateway drug. Uh huh.
If only I knew what I was getting into ...

Congrats!
Well my first Coleman pop up back in the early 90's would have been my "gateway drug" so at least it takes a while to "kick in"... And I worked my way up to big TT's with slide outs and then back to the A-Frame in the process. The really scary part is there are options on my Sunseeker order sheet that cost more than my first Coleman did out the door! But the DW is happy now...


Quote:
Originally Posted by epcotisbest View Post
I sure could use a roll of that 3M 4412N tape. Been thinking about doing the skylights on my aframe, but just find it to be crazy expensive. I looked in classified here and can't find it anywhere. Do you still have any left?
The ad finally posted some time last night. I still have it, See Here, or just drop me a PM. If you want two rolls I'll combine the shipping costs to save you some money.
__________________
Wayne and Christine
2018 Sunseeker FT TS2390
Chassis: Ford Transit 350HD, 3.7L Gas, Six speed automatic

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:09 PM   #8
Member
 
Jacink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 42
Sorry to hear that we downsize from the motorhome to the Flagstaff T21QBHW lass maintenance cost,
And of course big savings on insurance because you don't have to license it as motor vehicle
__________________
Jacink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 02:00 PM   #9
Retread Popup Owner
 
Wojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ocqueoc, Michigan
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacink View Post
And of course big savings on insurance because you don't have to license it as motor vehicle
That's especially true here in Michigan. We can still get lifetime trailer plates.
__________________

__________________
2014 Flagstaff T12DDST A Frame
2015 Nissan Xterra
2015 Nissan Frontier

Camping Photos
Camper Mods
Wojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 AM.