Old 01-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #21

Yes, it is in writing - in the warranty from Ainsworth the company that manufactures the OSB for these units. I dont think you were being negative, jist cautionary. I too do not take the word of some stranger just because they say so.

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #22

Sorry for opening such a bag of worms, Just wasn't expecting to see exposed plywood, even if it is treated. Makes me wonder what my Roo's underbelly will look like when it comes in.

Handbuilder, what part of E. Wash, are you from? I am in Wenatchee.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #23

I am in Nine Mile Falls...we get to Wenatchee for their annual dog show (now held in Cashmere)

1967 Newell Motorcoach
Old 01-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #24

The flooring is meant to dry out if it gets wet ... so no undercoating or anything should be applied ...
im with most here .. my build date was 10/10 and it basically looks the same way ... however i do have tubing in some areas to hide some of the wiring ...
we all have to remember that these units are built on a tent trailer chassis ... even tho they are very strong .. its still done like a tent trailer ...
i will probably crawl undernieth the unit this spring and add some reinforcement to the braking wires ... like hamguy did ...

d-mo
Old 01-24-2013, 08:06 AM   #25

i am headed to my local RV service center today, in about a half hour actually, for a final checkup before my trip, want to make sure things like...

the truck/trailer towing setup is ok...
wheel bearings are properly greased,
have em take a look at the wires under the trailer,
i need extended mirrors,
spare refrigerator hatch connectors (those things look fragile),
voyager brake control tutoring,
a good , inexpensive, antenna for the tv,
12v compressor with a long cord for the tires and to blow out the water in the lines before i come north again......

...and anything else they can think of. I trust them totally, they have a great reputation, and the owner is a former student of mine......
Old 01-24-2013, 09:10 AM   #26

How about a torque wrench for your lug nuts you'll want to check periodically on your long drive

1967 Newell Motorcoach
Old 01-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #27

When we picked up our new A126 from Ohio, we too saw the nightmare of wiring. We drove it off the dealers lot and right to a campgrounds, where we were able to get a better look. Not impressed with the sloppy job at all. Hanging wires, wires rubbing against metal frames, loose wires at the hitch. It just wreeked of poor workmanship. So we got home and thus far I have 90% of all exposed wiring covered with 1/2in flex tubing and working on applying the same to the exposed copper tubing. It's not much but, it looks a hell of a lot neater. Gives a little bit added protection. Whatever the price we pay, it's a shame they let their units leave like that.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbuilder View Post
How about a torque wrench for your lug nuts you'll want to check periodically on your long drive

Got one the other day, thanks
Old 01-24-2013, 11:10 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmfpanzerman View Post
When we picked up our new A126 from Ohio, we too saw the nightmare of wiring. We drove it off the dealers lot and right to a campgrounds, where we were able to get a better look. Not impressed with the sloppy job at all. Hanging wires, wires rubbing against metal frames, loose wires at the hitch. It just wreeked of poor workmanship. So we got home and thus far I have 90% of all exposed wiring covered with 1/2in flex tubing and working on applying the same to the exposed copper tubing. It's not much but, it looks a hell of a lot neater. Gives a little bit added protection. Whatever the price we pay, it's a shame they let their units leave like that.
The guys at Major's RV here tidied up a bit underneath today, but, not to the extent you did, that will have to wait til it's warmer, maybe when i get down south, maybe this spring. My current concern, is, I was planning on leaving saturday morning, so, i would have saturday and sunday to get below DC and all the weekday northeast city traffic, howeverrrrrr, just after leaving the post office notifying them to hold my mail, I noticed my truck pulling to the left......groan. Stopped by the Toyota dealership where i bought my truck, they can't check the front end alignment til next week, ughhh. So much for plans.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:56 PM   #30

I put plastic wire tubing around all the wire clusters and gas lines underneath, and tied any other wires I saw. Just made me feel better, even if it's wasn't needed.

Tags
a122