Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #41

I have heard of more people having issues with covered wood than not covered. If the wood is not 100% covered ( which you can't do because the frame is sitting on the wood) you can get trapped water. Then you will have wood that stays wet and will rot faster.

Current: 2019 Sunseeker 2290S
Previous (2012-2016): 2012 Vibe 6501
1 Prospector Canoe, 2 Mtn. Bikes & 4 Hiking Boots
Happy Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:08 PM   #42
Christian Ham

I'll take the possibility of warranty voiding and still protect the underside of my A122..The rubber coating will also protect the wood from salt damage and other chemical road hazards.. I am more concerned right now with the wire runs and unsealed holes in the bottom.. Wires on mine are so tight that any flexing will cause shorts..
n4ndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:31 PM   #43

It is not just voiding the warranty. By coating the exposed wood and not all the wood, you will trap moisture, therefore accelerating the entire thing you are trying to prevent.
cstover is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a122