Old 06-13-2015, 05:53 PM   #21

Another one that is really slick is the Anderson leveler. No cranking required. Just pull up or back onto it until level, tap in the chock, unhitch, then level front to back. Bada-Bing!

6#'s vs 18#'s. Smaller, cheaper, and if you have a second person watching the level as you pull up on it, it's a "once off".

https://youtu.be/b4JQV15VzBc

Old 06-13-2015, 10:47 PM   #22

Thanks to everyone

I want to say a special thanks to all of you that have helped my sister and I learn to level our hard-sided pop up... thanks to Yaroma and Outandabout for lots of details about leaving the camper attached to my truck and then leveling leveling side to side that helped tremendously. Thanks to handbuilder for the heads up on a bal leveler, I will be looking into one very soon I did look online already and I like that idea... like I said I am a glamper so if it looks good I'll try it lol... and a thank you to mudman for telling me where to get good service and parts in Sarasota...so here is what happened today.. my sister and myself went out to where we park our camper and hooked up we then leveled from the inside floor from side to side and pulled the low side up on some lynx blocks and chocked the opposite tire. when then unhooked and rechecked the level and all was so good so far.. then before we popped up the top I had to stop and pray...God is good... the top went together with no issues...yippyyyyy you guys made my sister and I very happy...we high fived each other so much my hand it red lol thanks again you all have been very helpful and I thank you.!!! not its time to

Old 06-13-2015, 11:19 PM   #23

[QUOTE=cbreezie904;892693]I want to say a special thanks to all of you that have helped my sister and I learn to level our hard-sided pop up... thanks to Yaroma and Outandabout for lots of details about leaving the camper attached to my truck and then leveling leveling side to side that helped tremendously. Thanks to handbuilder for the heads up on a bal leveler, I will be looking into one very soon I did look online already and I like that idea... like I said I am a glamper so if it looks good I'll try it lol... and a thank you to mudman for telling me where to get good service and parts in Sarasota...so here is what happened today.. my sister and myself went out to where we park our camper and hooked up we then leveled from the inside floor from side to side and pulled the low side up on some lynx blocks and chocked the opposite tire. when then unhooked and rechecked the level and all was so good so far.. then before we popped up the top I had to stop and pray...God is good... the top went together with no issues...yippyyyyy you guys made my sister and I very happy...we high fived each other so much my hand it red lol thanks again you all have been very helpful and I thank you.!!! not its time to

I tried to post a pic and couldnt get it to upload ???
Old 06-13-2015, 11:33 PM   #24
Mod free 5er

Get an Anderson leveler and simplify the side to side leveling. Just set it under the low side tire and drive backwards or forward until it is level, get out and shove the wedge under it and you're finished after you block the other tire. Use the tongue jack to level front to rear.

Andersen Mfg 3604 Camper Leveler, Level Your Trailer On The First Try. Up To 4 In. Lift. - Rakuten.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Anderson Leveler.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	79845  
Old 06-13-2015, 11:56 PM   #25

Well glad you two are having a celebratory moment! Everytime you take it out or organize it, you'll feel joy with what you discover!

As for glamping, it works best with organizational systems and using double duty/multifunctional items. I've had mine a few years now and have had fun making it cozy and functional. Nothing more satisfying than to have someone peek inside and say "oh wow". Haha

Enjoy! Post photos and have fun!

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 07:36 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Get an Anderson leveler and simplify the side to side leveling. Just set it under the low side tire and drive backwards or forward until it is level, get out and shove the wedge under it and you're finished after you block the other tire. Use the tongue jack to level front to rear.

Andersen Mfg 3604 Camper Leveler, Level Your Trailer On The First Try. Up To 4 In. Lift. - Rakuten.com
My set just arrived from Amazon. Can't wait to try. Thanks all..
Old 06-15-2015, 06:02 PM   #27
The Wayfarers

( I said I am new at this) the screw wont line up with the hole in the front pop up part.. any tips?
I noticed this was also part of this initial post, which recently happened to us during the setup. We over extended the top and crossed the sides during setup. We had a large screw that now would not fit into the hole and was holding the side wall from closing. We eventually removed the screw to close the side and haven't put screw back yet. It was most difficult to remove and I can only imagine it not being easy to put back. I wonder how important this large screw above the water heater on the side of the unit is ?
Days camped 2015:98 Az, Chi,Mn,N.D.,Mt,Id! Wa, Or,Ca
2016 camped 118 Az,Chi,In,Mi,Oh,Ny,Vt,NH,M
2017 camped 88 az,Chi,Mo,Ok,Nm,Co,
Palletbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:26 PM   #28

I believe the part is designed to add stability during high wind. So i'd put it back in. If it doesn't quite fit into the side panel, adjust the camper with the front, street side stabilizer. At least that's what I have done. The miss-alignment seems to come and go for me.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 10:17 AM   #29

cbreezie, we are always glad to help. Now get out there and do some camping.
2014 Tacoma 4x4
OutAndAbout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:08 PM   #30

As Tom said, that is the wind bolt. You'll want to put that back in place.

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote