Old 09-11-2016, 09:33 PM   #11

Got the BAL leveler! The video in YouTube won me over, thanks for all the great advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 09-12-2016, 07:05 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Walker View Post
NEVER use your stabilizers to level the trailer.
Does everyone agree with this? I didn't know it. I thought that's what they are for. Side to side leveling I mean.
Where do you store a BAL stabilizer? They look big and cumbersome.

Old 09-12-2016, 09:20 AM   #13

You really should get a cordless drill and a camco jack socket http://www.camco.net/product/levelin...-socket-10631/

It makes lowering and raising your stabilizers fast and easy, which is really nice if the weather isn't the best.

2017 A212HW
2016 Ford Explorer TV
The Villages, Florida

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 09-12-2016, 09:43 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tipper View Post
Does everyone agree with this? I didn't know it. I thought that's what they are for. Side to side leveling I mean.
If you have the front trunk like I do, it fits perfectly in the top shelf area, against the front wall. Just adjust the long adjusting screw so it folds flat. You may need to check the weight against all the other items stored in the trunk and make adjustments. You don't want the trunk too heavy.

A-Frame Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:34 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tipper View Post
That is true. The stabilizers are in intended to steady your camper. They are not intended to support the entire weight of the unit.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:08 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwoody View Post
My guess is that it's 50 psi.
All the FR Aframes I've seen have D weight range tires which require 65 PSI for to hold the rated capacity. 50 PSI is normally for C range tires which have two fewer layers.

The weight rating on a pair of tires needs to be in excess of the GVWR of the camper. Always read the sidewall of the tire and inflate to the maximum.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 06:55 AM   #17

when looking for socket to raise/lower your stabilizers, you may want one that works with quick connect power screwdrivers. it will have an indentation on the 1/4" hex driver end. here is link to one on amazon, not sure how long link will be good.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
have fun
Old 09-13-2016, 08:40 PM   #18

Welcome to the A frame world, and the Forum. All great suggestions here. I might add a roll of clear Gorilla Tape. Just in case....I've had issues with leaking windows.
'06 F-250 Superduty
Carmwes54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:47 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmwes54 View Post
Welcome to the A frame world, and the Forum. All great suggestions here. I might add a roll of clear Gorilla Tape. Just in case....I've had issues with leaking windows.
+1 on this. In one year I had the large skylight replaced once, removed and resealed once. It is now cracked again and has also become unsealed again.

In an emergency, I used both painters tape and electrical tape, but heavy-duty tape is what is holding it now.

This product from Amazon:

3M Extreme Sealing Tape 4411N Translucent, 1 1/2 in x 5 yd

A cheap digital temperature and humidity gauge is also very helpful, since the humidity tends to get quite high inside, even from just overnight respiration. I have found the best way to dehumidify is to use the propane heater to raise the temperature to about 85 degrees, then switch on the A/C unit to cool down to 68 degrees. This is because the A/C is more efficient at removing moisture from warmer air.

Last thing: "Milk Crate" or similar containers are great for holding items in the front storage compartment. It keeps them from shifting around. I also use plastic sweater boxes as clothes storage under the dinette table.

This is my rig set up for the road:

Generator on the front tongue, motorcycle in a rear carrier. 90 camping days in the last 14 months!
Old 09-16-2016, 05:50 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepill View Post
+1 on this. In one year I had the large skylight replaced once, removed and resealed once. It is now cracked again and has also become unsealed again.

In an emergency, I used both painters tape and electrical tape, but heavy-duty tape is what is holding it now.

This product from Amazon:

3M Extreme Sealing Tape 4411N Translucent, 1 1/2 in x 5 yd

A cheap digital temperature and humidity gauge is also very helpful, since the humidity tends to get quite high inside, even from just overnight respiration. I have found the best way to dehumidify is to use the propane heater to raise the temperature to about 85 degrees, then switch on the A/C unit to cool down to 68 degrees. This is because the A/C is more efficient at removing moisture from warmer air.

Last thing: "Milk Crate" or similar containers are great for holding items in the front storage compartment. It keeps them from shifting around. I also use plastic sweater boxes as clothes storage under the dinette table.

This is my rig set up for the road:

Generator on the front tongue, motorcycle in a rear carrier. 90 camping days in the last 14 months!

Wow!!! That is a beautiful set up!! Thanks for all the great advice guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Tags
a-frame, camper, frame