Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #1

New A Frame owner

We just picked up our 2012 A128S about a month ago after tent camping for years, so to us is a real luxury.
Just had our maiden voyage and are really happy. Since we live in Florida we are looking forward to the rest of this winter, but can't hardly wait to get to our favorite spots in the Smokies.
We really love the huge windows in this unit and soon realized how nice it is to have the extra storage and the extra skylights in the 128S.
One of the first things I did was to connect our Sat radio to the sound system and have a bunch of ideas about making the space work better for the wife, myself and our two furry friends.
edgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:50 AM   #2

Nice camper! I still tent camp and backpack, but it is really nice to sleep in a real bed with solid walls around you.

2016 A122 SXR (New)

2016 Toyota Tacoma DCLB
Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:55 AM   #3

Welcome and Congrats on the new camper. DW and I picked up our 128S in the Fall and are looking forward to this camping season.
Good Luck to You and Yours.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #4

Thanks people. We like tenting and hiking and don't want to loose touch with that, but it's getting harder on the old bones.
This weekend we'll be camping in Pahokee Fl. at the edge of lake Okeechobee. The campground is great and we met alot of friendly people, but just found out that after this weekend it will close for good. BUMMER!
I'll post some pics
Best to you all as well.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #5
Mostly Harmless

Welcome! Many of us Hardside owners are reformed or recovering tenters so you've come to the right place. Looking forward to hearing and seeing pics of your experiences. I see on your profile that furniture making is among your interests. Are you thinking of any mods to the camper yet? Post pics if you do; this is a really receptive audience.
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:59 PM   #6

Enjoy that new camper! We love our A126 and can't wait for spring to get here! Like TheHamguy said - post pics!
Reese 66065 WDH, Curt WDH Shank #17120
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Mopar 7-pin Harness
B&M Transmission Cooler (#70268)
Jeep4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:05 PM   #7

Welcome and hope you have many great trips with your new trailer.We also tent camped for many years and know it doesn't take long to appreciate a real bed.
1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #8

Welcome aboard edgar. I think you will really enjoy your new toy.

2014 Silverado Double Cab 1500 5.3L V8 w/3.42 Axle Ratio Tow Vehicle

Sold: 2012 Rockwood A122 Hardside Popup
daveinpickerington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #9

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I hope you all will be patient with me since I'm not use to forums. When it comes to mods I'm thinking that drawers or slideouts for some of the storage cabinets would be great on my back, but what I'm interested in exploring is coming up with an awning that will conform with the shape of the camper. I have some ideas that I will share if they work out. For now I think it will take a while to find out what works for us.
Happy Trails!
Old 01-27-2012, 08:21 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar
We just picked up our 2012 A128S about a month ago after tent camping for years, so to us is a real luxury.
Just had our maiden voyage and are really happy. Since we live in Florida we are looking forward to the rest of this winter, but can't hardly wait to get to our favorite spots in the Smokies.
We really love the huge windows in this unit and soon realized how nice it is to have the extra storage and the extra skylights in the 128S.
One of the first things I did was to connect our Sat radio to the sound system and have a bunch of ideas about making the space work better for the wife, myself and our two furry friends.
Welcome - we are also Florida hard-sided campers (Flagstaff T12) - reformed tenters! Enjoy your new camper and exploring!
KristenDavid208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #11

Thank you. I guess exept for the name on the side and the front storage, our units are identical. Those two windows in front give an adult the extra headroom to seat there.
I'll be be camping this very night, wahoooo! It might rain tonight, but if it does, it will give me a chance to check for leaks.
Happy Trails!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenDavid208 View Post
Welcome - we are also Florida hard-sided campers (Flagstaff T12) - reformed tenters! Enjoy your new camper and exploring!

Tags
a-frame