Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #1

New A Frame Owner Accessory List?

We have taken delivery on our new Flagstaff T12RB (which I think is the same as the Rockwood A122) and are thrilled. It's set up in our driveway and we are getting familiar with the workings of all the systems. We've found that there are numerous accessories and do-dads that we'll be needing: plug adapters, water storage containers, hoses and fittings, surge protector, bug screens etc., etc.

I was wondering if anyone has put together a consolidated list of worthwhile accessory items.

Thanks in advance.

Randy
Mtbnutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #2

There are probably lists on this forum, but they tend to be pretty lengthy and often unique to a particular campers style.

I recommend learning by doing.

Very basic list...

White water hose if you plan to use hook ups
Pressure reducer for hose

I don't use a surge suppressor, they are generally more benefit to the big rigs than to us
Adapters, in most cases not necessary, your unit is 30A and most places that have hook ups have 30a
Water storage, your unit has a large water tank already, if you don't plan to use that, the big 3gal spring water bottles with the spigot also work
Sink drain, if your unit came with a hose to attach to the outside drain, then all you need is a bucket. Many further modify with PVC piping and whatnot, but these are not necessary
Bug screens, also not always necessary, depends on where you live, we don't use a screen house and only sometimes use an ez up canopy

The list of possibilities to add on or equip with are endless, so I would suggest reading the posts in this forum, quite a lot are documented, and get out camping to learn what might make your trip more enjoyable. I would not recommend blindly spending a good deal of money prepping based on someone else's list. Everyone's needs and wants differ.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawlus View Post
There are probably lists on this forum, but they tend to be pretty lengthy and often unique to a particular campers style.

I recommend learning by doing.

Very basic list...

White water hose if you plan to use hook ups
Pressure reducer for hose

I don't use a surge suppressor, they are generally more benefit to the big rigs than to us
Adapters, in most cases not necessary, your unit is 30A and most places that have hook ups have 30a
Water storage, your unit has a large water tank already, if you don't plan to use that, the big 3gal spring water bottles with the spigot also work
Sink drain, if your unit came with a hose to attach to the outside drain, then all you need is a bucket. Many further modify with PVC piping and whatnot, but these are not necessary
Bug screens, also not always necessary, depends on where you live, we don't use a screen house and only sometimes use an ez up canopy

The list of possibilities to add on or equip with are endless, so I would suggest reading the posts in this forum, quite a lot are documented, and get out camping to learn what might make your trip more enjoyable. I would not recommend blindly spending a good deal of money prepping based on someone else's list. Everyone's needs and wants differ.
This is helpful and I understand that all campers have their own "style" If we had listened to our sales person, we would have purchased nearly every accessory in their store. As it turned out they gave us a $40 gift card with the purchase of the camper that we spent on a hose an pressure reducer only, ~$40.

My wife and I have spent many hours reading about assorted mods and useful product recommendations. From this research, it occurred to me that someone must have put together a "must have" or "required to make the camper function" type of list. A secondary list maybe called "luxury items" may be helpful also."

Currently, I'm working on our "must have" list and my wife is working on our "luxury" list. Her list is longer than mine..................
Old 08-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #4

Some other ideas...

1. outdoor carpet (optional)
2. Deck of Cards, Dominoes or other pastime
3. First Aid Kit (necessary)
4. Flashlight or Head Lantern
5. Battery-powered Lantern (or liquid fuel model)
6. Anti-bacterial wipes or other disposables to clean countertops and other surfaces
7. Bug Repellant, Electric Swatter, Bug Candles
8. Small broom/dustpan
9. Trashbags
10. Fan
11. Camp Chairs
12. Dish cloth and towel
13. Small toolbox to fix minor issues
14. Extension cords
15. Tarp
16. Rope - has many uses from clothes line to tying down the tarp (or the kids...)
17. Collapsable trashcan
18. T-Level or torpedo level
19. Wheel Chocks
20. Stabalizer jack pads (optional, I dont use them)
21. White water hose
22. Water pressure regulator
23. In-Line Water filter (some dont use it, camper probably came with one, removing it and leaving the empty housing can improve faucet pressure)
24. Bed topper, memory foam, etc. (optional, but many use something)
25. Bed Linens
26. Water Container - like the walmart blue tote
27. Gray water container - like a blue tote or 5gal bucket
Old 08-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #5

We are just back from our first outing. We had gotten a fitting for drain hose, we need to supply the hose and container to drain in. blocks of wood to level trailer, wheel chocks, a way to light the stove. We did not have ele or water at the campsite so maybe missing something. There is more need for camping but not trailer related. Chemical and TP for the port potty, not sure if that camping or trailer.
Here a place to view a list. Recommended Supplies for Camping Trailers | Roberts Sales - Denver, Colorado
1A Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #6

Wow! Those are both good lists and go way beyond the essentials. However, each list is missing the same thing................................adult beverages!

Thanks.

Tags
frame, a-frame