Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 08:36 PM   #91
Moderator Emeritus
 
RVChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: In the Country
Posts: 6,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsip View Post
oops, not 31, 41! phew...........my bad
Oh my gosh, glad you cleared that up! I was beginning to worry for you! I am in Missouri and I think we are going to be like 6 tonight! Stay warm and just remember that you will have perfect days ahead! Looking forward to your posts!!
__________________

__________________
Kenny n Karen
TV: 2007 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW - named Alice
RV: 2012 XLR Thunderbolt 35x12 - named Thor
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:42 PM   #92
Member
 
TRAVELINBOB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: mountain top pa
Posts: 58
Glad to see you made it down fine, I am on my way friday morning, will be in fla on sat., it has to be warmer than pa., I have been tracking fuel prices on the Pilot/flying J website, seems lower all the way down! Enjoy!
__________________

__________________
-------------------
2013 A122-BH
2012 F150 SC ECO BOOST
2010 SUZUKI KINQ QUAD EPS
TRAVELINBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #93
Senior Member
 
lotsip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cape Cod, Mass.
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Oh my gosh, glad you cleared that up! I was beginning to worry for you! I am in Missouri and I think we are going to be like 6 tonight! Stay warm and just remember that you will have perfect days ahead! Looking forward to your posts!!

Yup, and thanks, its only gonna get warmer as I head south..........not sure where i will be heading to saturday, thinking of this one !

Welcome to Florida State Parks
__________________
lotsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:02 PM   #94
Moderator Emeritus
 
RVChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: In the Country
Posts: 6,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsip View Post

Yup, and thanks, its only gonna get warmer as I head south..........not sure where i will be heading to saturday, thinking of this one !

Welcome to Florida State Parks
That sounds very peaceful
!
__________________
Kenny n Karen
TV: 2007 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW - named Alice
RV: 2012 XLR Thunderbolt 35x12 - named Thor
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:10 PM   #95
Senior Member
 
lotsip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cape Cod, Mass.
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVELINBOB View Post
Glad to see you made it down fine, I am on my way friday morning, will be in fla on sat., it has to be warmer than pa., I have been tracking fuel prices on the Pilot/flying J website, seems lower all the way down! Enjoy!
Yes, 4 days from cape cod to Destin Florida.......350 to 450 miles per day, very comfortably, I might add, doing 60ish give or take a few. Yes, Pennsylvannia was 3 degrees on 81 when I left it early on my second day!

I stopped at the Pilot Flyin J's all the way ,almost exclusively, they had the best prices.......Saw 3.03 in Virginia , where the gas prices were the lowest........!!
Damn, two days from PA to florida.........my days of doing that kind of driving are gone (lightweight here, ha)
Anyways have a safe trip BOB, keep in touch, where are u stayin in Florida, i know u told me, but, i forgot ?
__________________
lotsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #96
Senior Member
 
lotsip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cape Cod, Mass.
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
That sounds very peaceful
!
Yes, I love those kind of campgrounds !
__________________
lotsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:15 PM   #97
Member
 
TRAVELINBOB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: mountain top pa
Posts: 58
stoping over at faver-dykes sp near st augustine, then down to kw, then up to grayton beach sp for 2 weeks, maybe then back over to faver for a week, that will be bit more than a month and hopefully I will avoid the worst of the weather heading back north,, try checking out MANATEE SPRINGS SP, nice place and often has openings, if the manatees are there they are super cool!
__________________
-------------------
2013 A122-BH
2012 F150 SC ECO BOOST
2010 SUZUKI KINQ QUAD EPS
TRAVELINBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:21 PM   #98
Senior Member
 
lotsip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cape Cod, Mass.
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVELINBOB View Post
stoping over at faver-dykes sp near st augustine, then down to kw, then up to grayton beach sp for 2 weeks, maybe then back over to faver for a week, that will be bit more than a month and hopefully I will avoid the worst of the weather heading back north,, try checking out MANATEE SPRINGS SP, nice place and often has openings, if the manatees are there they are super cool!
Sounds like a great month ! I made reservations for St. Andrews state park after i leave henderson , for feb 2nd and 3rd. Then maybe manatee springs, then , who knows, haha........love to see key west, never been, any chance of getting a campsite there ?
__________________
lotsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:31 PM   #99
Member
 
TRAVELINBOB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: mountain top pa
Posts: 58
Fortunatley I am retired military and the naval air station has a huge overflow camping area if regular sites are full, which they probably will be, but there are a number of civilian retail campgrounds, but I would only go down with an advanced reservation, but I THINK you can get one if you try,,,, ENJOY, I am so stooooooked to leave!
__________________
-------------------
2013 A122-BH
2012 F150 SC ECO BOOST
2010 SUZUKI KINQ QUAD EPS
TRAVELINBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:22 AM   #100
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 13
You can try Curry Hammick St.Pk. in Marathon Key. About an hour from Key West or Bahia Honda St. Pk. Also in the Panhandle check out Topsail Hill Preserve St. Pk. Henderson used to be our favorite until we found this gem. Fort clinche near Jacksonville is nice too. St. Joseph used to be nice too. Haven't been there for a few years.
__________________

__________________
nannylou922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
a122

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.