Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Welcome home lotsip! Glad you had a great time!

Thanks, couldn't have had a better time ! Thanks for all the help !
Can't wait til next year!
Old 03-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkb74 View Post
Looks like it was a great trip! We love Homosassa. Go there often.
Oh yes, Homosassa was wonderful.....Stayed at Carefree RV Resort...was very nice! Saw a million manatees in Homosassa and those Jimmy Buffet type places on the river, what a blast
Old 03-20-2013, 08:59 AM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-mo View Post
Well im pulling the Aframe out of the garage in a couple of weeks and we too are headed to Myrtle beach. We will be there starting April 20th to May 2nd to catch some rays .. do some pier fishing and basically just hang out and catch the sites. We will be staying at Myrtle Beach State Park.
Any suggestions from you on how to get there that makes things easier?
My tentative plans are to push from Ottawa Ontario, then catch the I81 .. then cross over to the I95 S just below Shenanddoah National park. We would like to avoid large cities ... and am thinking this could be the best way to go ...

d-mo
I'd kill to be back in Myrtle Beach again right now...loved it !

I spoke to many northern rv'ers while in the south about the best route to avoid the NYC, Baltimore, DC nitemare. The concensus from the verterans seemed to be taking rt 81 , then picking up rt. 17 in WInchester, Va. (northern VA.) to Fredericksburg, Va, and rt 95. Although I didn't take that route on my way home (was worried about the snow out on 81 from that big storm), I certainly will be next year. A few extra miles to avoid NYC to DC is well worth it !.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:00 AM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsip View Post
Oh yes, Homosassa was wonderful.....Stayed at Carefree RV Resort...was very nice! Saw a million manatees in Homosassa and those Jimmy Buffet type places on the river, what a blast
YES!

Did you see Monkey Island?

We usually stay at a place called "Nature's Resort" (NOT a clothing optional resort, even though it sounds like it ).

We'll kayak up to the springs to see the manatee, then go down river. Off of one little creek is the tiniest dive you ever saw, but man it's a fun place to stop for a .

Even dog friendly.

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkb74 View Post
YES!

Did you see Monkey Island?

We usually stay at a place called "Nature's Resort" (NOT a clothing optional resort, even though it sounds like it ).

We'll kayak up to the springs to see the manatee, then go down river. Off of one little creek is the tiniest dive you ever saw, but man it's a fun place to stop for a .

Even dog friendly.
Ha ha, great pic. No no, never saw Monkey Island, whats that ? Oh, I saw the sign for Nature's Resort, did u like it ? Oh yes, those little dives on the river seemed to be very very laid back and popular, they were all packed !
Old 03-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsip View Post
Ha ha, great pic. No no, never saw Monkey Island, whats that ? Oh, I saw the sign for Nature's Resort, did u like it ? Oh yes, those little dives on the river seemed to be very very laid back and popular, they were all packed !
We do like it. They have seasonal campers (they take all the waterside sites, unfortunately for us), cabins that are for rent, and regular sites. Their own dock and boat ramp, pontoons for rental, and even a little pub with karaoke in the evening. A pool, shuffle board, and community hall for rental. We go often with our kayaking group for a weekend. They allow us to have bonfires, and rent out the hall for potluck dinner.

They are not on the main river, so it's quiet and peaceful but close enough to the springs to paddle.

Monkey Island is a small island in the river that someone owns. They have monkeys on there.

Monkey Island Homosassa : Homosassa Florida

There are quite a few "oddities" like that in Florida. Many are remnants of old theme parks, or someone's desire to have a theme park. Such as Lou at Homosassa State Park. He's the only non-native resident, left from when that was a private theme park. He was deemed a Florida resident by the governor, and allowed to stay. You'll also find monkeys around Silver River, where Tarzan was filmed.

Can't help but love this place.

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:21 AM   #167

So nice, wish i had stayed longer.........next year, if i can swing it financially, i am going south for jan, feb, and march......!

Tags
a122