Old 01-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVELINBOB View Post
Agree, wallyworld has a nice set at a reasonable price, 3 piece with hitch lock when parked! BOL

Wally world, just spent 100 bucks there on a 30 amp extension cord, 50 ' potable water hose, and a couple other things!!......will have to head back over this weekend for that 3 piece lock set !

Picking up my a122 tomorrow, i am soooooooooo excited (takes a deep breath).......a tad worried, might get a bit of snow overnite, and its a 30 mile drive.....how are these things towing in the snow? lol

I am thinking of staying in the trailer overnite in my driveway ! haha, and shush, no laughin at me !

Old 01-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsip View Post
Been almost 30 years since i did 81 , have been to florida a few times, but, never towing......so, i put up with the '95 lunacy... But, now retired and in no rush, but, with less tolerance for city traffic, my priorities have changed Last time I drove to Florida, 4 years ago, i was still working, i did it in two days, 1400 miles.....never again, ha........this trip will take me three days, at least, and, if i am smart enough to slow down, four ;p I was thinking of the Flyin J Truck Stops, their web site says all of their locations welcomes RV's to park overnite for free. The thing that bothers me about Walmarts, is I hear not ALL of em allow Rv's. With my luck, every walmart I'd stop at would tell me to keep drivin down the road, lol

Pilot Flying J
Oh, found a neat thing in the yahoo groups last nite....POI (points of interest) files I can install on my Garmin GPS that tell me where all the Walmarts in the country are, and which accept RV's, and , of course, directions to them.....that will be so helpful......also shows all the Flyin J's, and Sam's club, which I've read never turn away RV'ers. Was thinking the Walmarts may be better though, likely to be quieter, those truck stops are busy all nite!

Old 01-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #23
Rockwood Premier A126

Quote:
Wally world, just spent 100 bucks there on a 30 amp extension cord, 50 ' potable water hose, and a couple other things!!......will have to head back over this weekend for that 3 piece lock set !
Money well spent! Once you get it rigged up like you want it, you'll be golden.

Quote:
I am thinking of staying in the trailer overnite in my driveway ! haha, and shush, no laughin at me !
We're not going to laugh! Driveway camping is always an excellent idea. There are many here that have done exactly that.

Quote:
Was thinking the Walmarts may be better though, likely to be quieter, those truck stops are busy all nite!
I guess that's the price you pay for 'free' camping. I'd suggest parking away from the semis. There will probably be other RVs over-nighting at Flying J and Walmart. It'll be quieter (and safer) parking along side of other RVs.

Deb

btw, If you camp in your driveway, be sure your aframe is level. Operating the refrigerator, if you aren't level, can damage it. The jacks mounted under your aframe are not made to take pressure for leveling the camper, they are only for stabilization.

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
Money well spent! Once you get it rigged up like you want it, you'll be golden.

We're not going to laugh! Driveway camping is always an excellent idea. There are many here that have done exactly that.

I guess that's the price you pay for 'free' camping. I'd suggest parking away from the semis. There will probably be other RVs over-nighting at Flying J and Walmart. It'll be quieter (and safer) parking along side of other RVs.

Deb

btw, If you camp in your driveway, be sure your aframe is level. Operating the refrigerator, if you aren't level, can damage it. The jacks mounted under your aframe are not made to take pressure for leveling the camper, they are only for stabilization.
Thanks for the tips guys, so helpful ! Wait, I thought thats what the 4 jacks where for? I will make sure the "Presenter" from the RV place I picked up the camper from explains that clearly to me tomorrow !
Old 01-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #25

I think you need adapters ......
50//30 amps ... are a necessity when your out on the road ...
15/30 amps is also a necessity ... also a very good quality extension cord ...
Your 20 ft 30 amp wire ... from the post to the trailer, should be augemented with another 50 ft extension.
Another suggestion would be a "water thief". This little adapter connects to any faucet type, and can be used to fill your fresh water tank .. or conversly ...you can use it to offload water off your Taco .. from a Aquatainer or two into your fresh water tank ... have a look at the product and you will see what i mean ...

welcome .. d-mo
Old 01-17-2013, 08:33 PM   #26

another tip is dont camp at walmarts .. or truck stops/rest stops. In another neighbourhood, you should be much more carefull.
A 24 k taco, and a 11k trailer is an invitation for a breakin ...especially with out of state or out of country plates. I still dont know why people with bigger rigs park at these places than rather dumping 20 bucks on a secure campsite ... \

d-mo
Old 01-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-mo View Post
I think you need adapters ......
50//30 amps ... are a necessity when your out on the road ...
15/30 amps is also a necessity ... also a very good quality extension cord ...
Your 20 ft 30 amp wire ... from the post to the trailer, should be augemented with another 50 ft extension.
Another suggestion would be a "water thief". This little adapter connects to any faucet type, and can be used to fill your fresh water tank .. or conversly ...you can use it to offload water off your Taco .. from a Aquatainer or two into your fresh water tank ... have a look at the product and you will see what i mean ...

welcome .. d-mo
Oh thanks, will see if the rvdealer has those adapters tomorrow !
got a 30 amp extension cord tonite at walmart. but need those adapters.
will google water thief right now, thanks again !
Old 01-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #28

I am very close to the Cape. Good luck on your trip. I find 25 ft white hoses are much easier to work with than 50 or 100. You take out what you need for a particular site. Same with electric cords. One long and one short for me works fine. Once you get a little south you may find some State parks to stay in rather than the parking lots. You will find them more relaxing anot much $$ and you can have a campfire.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:44 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfmdfm View Post
I am very close to the Cape. Good luck on your trip. I find 25 ft white hoses are much easier to work with than 50 or 100. You take out what you need for a particular site. Same with electric cords. One long and one short for me works fine. Once you get a little south you may find some State parks to stay in rather than the parking lots. You will find them more relaxing anot much $$ and you can have a campfire.
Great suggestions, bought the hose at Walmart, so, I can return it And yes, was thinking maybe one or two nites at walmart or flyin J , just to get a few hours sleep, but, once i get into warmer weather, like the carolinas and south, campground then thanks
Old 01-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfmdfm View Post
BTW, which route do u take/suggest going south? I really am in no rush, and if I can avoid the new haven ct. to wash, dc stretch, without going too far inland (more hilly and more snow this time of year).

I was kinda toying with these routes. WHat do u think ?
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...721b72bb&msa=0

Tags
a122