Old 08-29-2013, 10:17 PM   #21
Sorry, I dropped the iPad...anyway I ended up with everything I could ever want with the flagstaff at half the price of the a liner.

desertwilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:48 AM   #22
Sounds like you've done the research with the units and the brands. Now its just a matter of how mich you want to pay. The worse they say is no. Start with low offer - you can always negotiate up. Keep in mind that the prices other A-Framers paid for their units is also relative to the freight charges. I found this out when negotiating my unit. Look forward to hearing how your final purchase goes!

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #23
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by shores11 View Post
If you have a short attention span - this is the short version: This sound like a decent price on a 2014 Flagstaff T12 RB? $10,895 - can probably get them down a bit.

*Discount RV Sales - Metro Atlanta, GA

Dave--- we are new owners of a similar model in Des Moines. We love it! You won't need much more than the standard stuff--- maybe a cover, trailer Dolly and grey water recepticle and you will be good. The price is only slightly more than we negotiated, and, as you know is several thousand below the MRSP. Enjoy yourself. The cool cat is a great ac.

Still here? OK - hereís the long version:

Hey all! Popup camper here looking into joining the ranks of the A Frame owners. I love my little popup, but am getting a little tired of the setup it takes and the worries about mildew if it should rain on the last day of the trip. I really like the easy towing / low profile of a popup though. So - A frame, right? Right.

Until recently I was looking only at Aliners. There is a dealer locally and, though the selection was limited, an Aliner Scout was in my price range and - bare bones as it was - it would work for me. The dealer could install (at a cost, of course) some of the options I was interested in. A window in the door? Thatíll be extra. Front and rear stabilizers? Thatíll be extra. (it only comes with the rear stabilizers). Diamond plate on the front? Nope - not available in that model. You get the picture.

Today I stopped at another local camper dealer after noticing online they had some Flagstaff A Frames. I have four words for what I saw.

Everything I wanted from the bare bones Aliner and way more. Heating and AC. Stereo. Front and rear stabilizers. Microwave. A handle bar for entry. Padding over the door in case I hit my head (they thought of everything!). Diamond plate - check. The bed is not a bunch of foam cushions from the Ďsofaí, itís an actual mattress and itís HEATED! Outdoor shower, nice looking wheels (Iím superficial that way - but also not available on the Aliner), roof/exhaust fan.

Iím thinking this is the way to go. Anyone have any input for me? Things to watch out for or check on before I take the plunge? Thanks in advance and happy camping to all!

Dave in Atlanta
silver.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #24
[QUOTE=shores11;454599]Thanks for the input and tips everyone! I plan to look over the Flagstaff a few more times before making a decision, but I"m still impressed with the 'bang for the buck' with these A frames. Also this dealer is a bit closer to me than the other dealer. I'm also thinking that Forest River's market saturation might be a good thing if I'm on the road and have a problem - they are everywhere.

My TV is a V6 Tacoma with the tow package, so I'm way under my towing capacity - which is a good thing.

The only issue I could find was the dining table was pretty wobbly. Looking over the forums here - that seems to be a common complaint. I also saw several ideas for a fix.[/QUOT

The table legs can be adjusted so they don't t wobble. Ask your dealer to show you how.

silver.smith is offline   Reply With Quote

frame, a-frame