Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2015, 09:06 AM   #1

New Flagstaff T21QBHW

Does anyone have this or the Rockwood 21 foot equivalent? We just took delivery of ours and have some questions specific to this unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fletchkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 09:15 AM   #2

I have a 2015 t19. Ask away

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 08-03-2015, 09:22 AM   #3

Our dealer wanted $600 to show us around the camper we just spent a good deal of money buying so we weren't hip to pay more. Honestly the stuff they did cover was inaccurate or just plain wrong. Anyway, here goes.

Is there a way to manually close the roof? Say, if we were out of juice.

Also, our dealer told us the only way to fill the hot water tank is to turn on the hot water at the faucet while filling it. This doesn't make sense to us, plus when you turn the water pump on you can hear the tank filling.

Do you do much dry camping? We will be almost exclusively camping this way and are wondering about adding a second battery and/or solar panel(s). We probably will never use the A/C and are thinking about taking the microwave out and making more cabinet space.

Old 08-03-2015, 09:32 AM   #4

When I purchased mine the dealer walked me through the trailer to show us how to use it. As far as the motor for raising the roof ours is manual only. We usually camp where power is available so sorry I can't be of much help. It's a great unit. Beats tent camping.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:34 AM   #5

Thanks for your reply. How long have you had it?

Old 08-03-2015, 09:39 AM   #6

We have ours since September of last year. You're set up in like 10 minutes. Electricity and all. We've been out about 4 times so far. 3 or 4 day stays with 2 dogs. A/c ,fridge , heat pump, microwave. It's insane. All ready to go in no time.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:43 AM   #7

We've spent 3 nights so far (2 trips). No problems other than burning off the newness of the grill and oven except for the weld that broke on the back bumper when my husband leaned on it. We are headed to the Sierras for 2 1/2 weeks at the end of August- all dry camping. Thank you and enjoy your camper!

Old 08-03-2015, 09:46 AM   #8

Same to u. Good luck.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:37 PM   #9

Fill hot water tank by opening the hot water faucet and turn on water pump and wait until you get water out the faucet. Opening the faucet lets the air out of the tank.
You got a very poor dealer, they should of been happy to show you all the systems.
We have 2 group 27 battery and 70 watts solar. Not sure we need 2 battery but is nice to know we have backup power. We do a lot of dry camping.

Welcome to the board.
1A Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 03:12 PM   #10

Thank you!

Old 08-08-2015, 05:53 PM   #11

Hey quick question if you are around. We have been told not to over charge the battery. Not sure how to know what/when this would occur. If we happened to stay at an RV park for several days should we disconnect the battery if we know it is fully charged?

Old 08-08-2015, 08:11 PM   #12

Well, I never though about this, technically it is probably true. A real good charger ( 3 or 4 stage) would drop back the voltage when the battery were fully charged so it would not be a problem, I do not know if we have real good charger in our A frames. I normally plug in my trailer here at the house for 4 days before we go on a trip. ( I cool down the Ice box) After thinking about this, I will still do this. I doubt that it will cost me more then 5% of the life of the battery. I buy cheap battery since I think vibration will kill my battery before over charging will.
1A Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:22 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletchkl View Post
Hey quick question if you are around. We have been told not to over charge the battery. Not sure how to know what/when this would occur. If we happened to stay at an RV park for several days should we disconnect the battery if we know it is fully charged?

This Is an old mindset, back when converters were single stage.
Modern ones are 3 stage and won't overcharge unless the converter goes bad.
Who gave you this info?
We've had our HTT for nearly 9 years nad never had to do any such thing.
Leave it plugged in all the time at home or at the CG, if we have hookups.
But I do keep an eye on the battery water levels.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:25 PM   #14

Thank you! That helps.

Old 08-08-2015, 08:38 PM   #15

I keep mine on a battery tender when at home,no problem. If I know I'm going out for a day or two I plug it in to a 110 outlet at home and turn in the fridge. It takes quite some time to get cool. I'm actually going to plug it in now just in case we go for a 1 day gig tomorrow. That the beauty of these rigs. Easy setup easy go.
mudman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:56 AM   #16

I wonder if we have a 3 stage. We just got so little information from the dealer because we refused to pay $600+ for the "dealer walk-thru". We got a watered down version. Little Dealer--so full of BS. You wouldn't believe what we went thru just trying to purchase the damn thing!

Old 08-10-2015, 01:05 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
I wonder if we have a 3 stage.
that info should be in the converter's manual. or you can get the model # and contact the manufacturer.
should be a WFCO.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 12:09 PM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
Is there a way to manually close the roof? Say, if we were out of juice.
I asked about this when we bought our T21. The recommended way is to disconnect the lift arm from the roof. You will then need to secure the arm for travel. FYI, there is an in-line fuse for the roof lift in the CoolCat compartment. Just trace the wires back from the lift motor and you will see it. See Here for a list of all the fuses and their locations.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:30 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
I asked about this when we bought our T21. The recommended way is to disconnect the lift arm from the roof. You will then need to secure the arm for travel. FYI, there is an in-line fuse for the roof lift in the CoolCat compartment. Just trace the wires back from the lift motor and you will see it. See Here for a list of all the fuses and their locations.
Just my thought about this since I don't have a power lift. Would hooking up the cable to the TV provide enough power to operate the lift?

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:01 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooneil View Post
Just my thought about this since I don't have a power lift. Would hooking up the cable to the TV provide enough power to operate the lift?
Definitely, I did that a few times while my T21 was in storage and the battery was at home on a Battery Tender. And I'm sure my "Jump Box" would have run it either way as well.

The truth is you don't really need the power lift. It's just a nice feature.. If you physically disconnected it, due to a motor or shaft drive failure, you could still open and close the roof. With the HW you might need a push stick to help raise it but it would be quite do-able...

Tags
flagstaff