Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #1

New-ish A-Frame Owners

Greetings all! After purchasing our T12BH last September we decided to get on here and start learning about how to make it more fun! We currently live in Spokane, WA (hi Handbuilder!), but might be moving soon to places unknown (ahh, the military lifestyle). We have a few one- or two-night trips complete, and are excited about being able to get the trailer out again soon! We are a family of three (me, my awesome wife, and our super awesome 2 year old kidlet), and bring a couple of dogs (mean vicious pitbull mixes who would attack you with their tongues) to make it interesting. I'm a triathlete, so I've been looking at all the posts that contain some sort of bike rack...still working on a decision on that. And lately we've been looking at all the different ways that you folks have modified your Aframes to make them better. We will definitely be incorporating some of the improvements

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and say thanks for all the information so far!

Dave (and Mandy, Coop, Gaiden and Ramus)
daveandmandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #2

Welcome Dave & Mandy, like you guys we purchased our A126 last September. We have two trips under our belts and thus far have seven booked this year alone. Gut feeling is that we'll book more but, don't want to drop the PT seansonal job just yet. Wish you guys the best with your camper. Lynn & I are so ready to get going and make some memories. Since this is our real first year, we are booking different campgrounds between NJ & PA. Perhaps our paths may cross through the miles. Happy Camping!!!
2012 Rockwood A126
jmfpanzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:51 AM   #3

Dave and Mandy - Hi and welcome! Great to see someone local! Since you are military, I definitely recommend you check out the Clear Lake campground (run by FAFB special services) It would be a great "break in" since it is close to all but removed from all. They have good fishing, amenities and swimming beach & a playground for kids. I dont like the mosquitos (they bite me, not my spouse) and sometimes the wind blows across the lake and chills the bones with evening dock fishing. I really like this campground as a close and fast getaway for a weekend...but maybe youve already been there?

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #4

Yeah we've spent one night there at Clear Lake. Nice and easy!
daveandmandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #5

Welcome to the group, and thank you for serving
64c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #6

Congrats on the new camper and Welcome to the forum.
Thanks for your service also. Spent 10 years in the Navy before I had enough of those 9 month cruises.