Old 12-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #11
Check out Timbren overload springs, but with a suspension lift kit you may have to add modifications....makes hauling.g extra to.fue weight a snap.

wickedrevs56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #12
Originally Posted by handbuilder View Post
IndyRC - the KLR w/the XT is alot of weight and takes up alot of room...Id rather we buy another additional smaller bike for him to haul tandem on the deck...sigh...would enjoy seeing your pics!

BTW - Is your 127 a 2013? My friend liked mine so much, she bought the 2013 Rockwood model, her cabinets are slightly diff (she has a drawer under her microwave where I have a deep cabinet with a door that pulls open at the inside trailer entry.) her stereo is also diff model, upholstery pattern not the same and has 15" tires versus my 14". They are also a tad heavier and now it sounds like the deck can also hold a little more weight? She paid little more than I did (and I got the screen room) so I wonder if the cost for these toyhaulers is increasing? (MSRP was 17k when I bought mine earlier this year... but in the end, I paid under 12.5k - paid it off a couple months ago...oh what a feeling LOL)
Yeah I have a DR650 as well and I doubt I would put that on the deck with a second bike. I think when we haul 2 street bikes that I will put one on the deck and one in the bed of the truck.

And to answer your questions: Yes we have the 2013 and it has the drawer under the microwave and 15" rims. The deck does hold 650lbs compared to the 600 it sounds like for yours. We also got the screen room (we love it) and paid under 12.5K.

To the OP, IIRC Rockwood has a canvas popup that has a much larger deck on it that holds 1300lbs. That might be a better option for your 4 wheeler. I wish they offered that deck on the Aframe. We fell in love with ours as soon as we saw it, but were a little disheartened when we found out the deck weight limit because we knew it wouldn't hold 2 full size street bikes. After much discussion we went for it anyway

IndyRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:45 AM   #13
im not sure it would be the deck i would be concerned about but the sag in the back end of the taco ...
leafers could help .. but you are still putting a tremendous strain on the back end of a midsize truck if you decide to haul this load around, which could effect the front braking ability of the truck ect.
Another thing to think about in the scenario is frame rust. I not sure where you live, but you should have the frame checked on your vehicle before you go any further. I know a year or so back, Toyota was replacing frames on these trucks under warrenty due to major problems with the frames rusting through .. (breaking on garage lifts and during service).

2008 Nissan Frontier 4x4
2011 Rockwood A122
D-mo is online now   Reply With Quote