Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #1

New to A-122-BH camper

We just purchased a Rockwood A Frame. Could you point us to a clear site or youtube to allow us to run through all set ups including 1)electric
2) propane, 3) water, etc. I would imagine there are some "walk through" videos showing location of things and the entire practice procedure before we take it to a camp site. We had limited time with our dealer so a you tube would be great. Surprised that there is no manual of operations.

Please point us to a good location to practice all set ups.

Thank you,

Rich
shieldsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #2

Welcome to the Forum & congrats on your purchase! I dont think I've seen any you tube videos on an A-Frame walk thru? There are plenty of topics in this Forum that cover your questions...just back back thru and browse previous A-Frame threads or use the search...and of course others will pipe in as well!

Is there something specific about the systems you were wondering?

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #3

No specific questions, just gathering resources before jumping in.

I reviewed some of previous threads and you are right..great information to hear before beginning.

Rich
shieldsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #4

It also helps to driveway camp!! Gives you an opportunity to try things out close to home!!
2012 Ford Raptor
Camping born-on date: 21 July 2012
Nights camped: 2014-3 (so far!!); 2013-16; 2012-2 nights
FarFromStock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #5
Mostly Harmless

This is something I've wondered about for the last several months--don't the newer campers come with a manual and a packet of instructions for the various appliances? We bought one of the first A-frame models FR made in early 2011 and it came with about a half-pound of info, plus a vinyl holder for it all. Has FR stopped doing that?

If manuals aren't provided I sure understand why buyers would benefit from a YouTube video or two--maybe one for each component. Someone photogenic like Tamara could star in them...
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #6

I got a 3 inch thick folder of manuals for all the equipment with my Aframe last year. Plus the dealer give me a very good walk through took about a two hours and they went over everything and showed how everything worked, and were all the controls were. I'm guessing not all dealers do that.
RenFaire Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamguy1 View Post
We bought one of the first A-frame models FR made in early 2011 and it came with about a half-pound of info, plus a vinyl holder for it all. Has FR stopped doing that?
Mine came with the nice pouch that velcroed closed on the top. All the manuals were in ther excpet the Dometic screen room, which the tech was still misusing to attach the screen room. If the dealer doesn't do a through explanation of everything, well,... I don't know, shame on them. A newbie may not know it is part of the purchase and think he can figure everything out on his own. If the dealer refused, I'd consider walking away from the purchase.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #8

It's a good idea if you are new to rvs and their appliances and systems, that you have a dealer walk through and use your phone or camera to video the demo. Then you have your own vid you can refer to. Generally speaking though nothing is too complicated once you've done it once. If you ought new you sold have a big pack of documents on all the appliances, their service papers, warranties, etc. it is sometimes stored in the compartment next to the door, by the fire extinguisher.

Some time ago I also posted most of these documents in the library section here. Search keyword "a-frame"
Forest River Forums - Downloads - Search