Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2013, 01:23 AM   #1

New to the A frame game

I don't use facebook...twitter...or any other social network. I am fairly tech savvy...I teach a hybrid online political science course at a high school in MN. But after putting a deposit down on my new T12RBTH and getting the FR app for my iPad...I find myself uploading thread after thread...and before I know it, I look at the clock and its 1:00AM!!! Anybody else find themselves hooked on all the cool things you can learn from this forum? You folks on this forum are really amazing...and I am very impressed with the online etiquette. I appreciate the great ideas, support, and enthusiasm that all the users share. Thanks for the inspiration! I hope I can give back to the group once I get a few miles behind me. Sue and I along with our Labradoodle (Trixie) live in MN, have a cabin in WI, used to own a PU camper...but when I got into this unit I was blown away. My wife and I want to put on some miles and see North America by road. We have been to Europe multiple times, Africa, and flown to lots of places throughout the US and Canada...but really believe we will have a fuller experience driving the country and can't wait to get out there! We love to kayak, fish, ATV, tandem bike...and we can take all of those toys with us and still leave a smaller footprint with this terrific little unit. I will try get our profile set up with our picture and attempt to post some trip pics once we get up and running. Thanks for allowing us to join in on a pretty classy forum....look forward to the journey! G
gdenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:17 AM   #2

I have found myself spending hours reading. I take the negative comments with a grain if salt because very few happy campers post positively, however everyone with any problem seems to land here too see how many other campers have similar problems.

2006 Ford F150 4.6L
Rrickim63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #3

Welcome to the Forum, gdenn! This forum has been a great place to learn about the A Frame Forest River! There was not alot of info to be found when we bought ours in 2012, so it was great to discover this site & find so many 2011 (first year) owners who shared their experiences, discoveries, etc pertaining to the unit.

Congrats on your two 's recent addition!

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:40 AM   #4

Welcome, you will love the AFrame, purchased a Flagstaff T12RB in 2012 have had great fun with it. Enjoy.
Cattledog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #5
Mostly Harmless

Welcome, neighbor! Well, almost neighbor; there's that pesky state border south of Albert Lea...

I've been impressed with the high level of civil discourse on the Forums here, too. One needn't worry about asking a question or venturing an opinion and having some ego jockey stomp on him/her. So c'mon in, sit yourself down, and join the fun!

If you haven't already done it, set your profile up to display others' signatures at the bottoms of their posts. There's more info there usually, about model owned, tow vehicle, etc.
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #6

grrrrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamguy1 View Post
I've been impressed with the high level of civil discourse on the Forums here, too. One needn't worry about asking a question or venturing an opinion and having some ego jockey stomp on him/her. So c'mon in, sit yourself down, and join the fun!
What?
We need to be more abusive, belligerent! Why should we be different from almost every other forum on the internet!?! Get out the Flame guns!

Actually, G search for and read thehamguy1's (Lee and Courtenay's) wonderful chronicle of his trip to Alaska last year! Fabulous!
G, glad to have you on the forums!
DGrissom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #7
Flagstaff 22FBS

Welcome gdenn, Sue and Trixie! So glad you found us and are here to share your adventures with this forum.

If you have any questions, and searching doesn't quite provide the answer, don't hesitate to ask away. I've found that many in this group are more than willing to offer advice and help each other with interesting ideas and creative mods.

We love visuals, so post pics of your rig setup, campsites and surroundings. We enjoy hearing about new places to travel to.

Deb

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:24 PM   #8

Welcome! I am fairly new to this forum and love all the information I have gleaned from it. My DH and I went on our first trip (Punderson State Park in OH) April 9th with our new A frame and were able to get our feet wet without anyone watching us - only one other camper there and he was gone all day. We did have a few "duh" moments but we loved our experience and can't wait to go again. Unfortunately, us Northerners have been dealing with too many cold and wet days.
raejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:37 PM   #9

Welcome aboad & happy camping!!! We took our A126 for it's firast outing this past weekend. What a great time we had. Everything worked flawlessly. Great lake side site in south Jersey. We we the only A-Frame on the campgrounds and boy did we get our share of questions from other campers. Again welcome!!!
2012 Rockwood A126
jmfpanzerman is offline   Reply With Quote