Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #1

Cool New to the forum

Hello to everyone.

New to the forum just purchased a 2012 Flagstaff T12 RB but will not be picking it up for about a month. Formally a tent camper and still enjoy it but find the quality of many tents lacking and gave up hope of finding one I liked as much as my old reliable one my dog and I camped in. Fell in love with the little A Frame trailers the first time I saw them and recently had an opportunity to snap one up. Love the idea of a trailer small enough to still fit into scenic tent sites. Strangely enough I have never seen one in any campground I’ve been at only on a dealer’s lot so it should be interesting to see what reaction it brings. Purchased the screen room/awning as well not sure how difficult that will be to put up myself but I figured I was in that far, why not. Likely only use it on longer trips but I’m sure it will be a welcome addition on rainy trips especially considering the very wet spring, summer, fall we had last year. Forget tropical exotic vacations give me a cup of coffee, a rock to sit on, a loyal dog and those good old Ontario mosquitoes the size of cats. I’m so excited!!!
Cattledog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #2
Flagstaff 22FBS

Congrats on your new A frame and welcome to the forum! There are lots of creative folks here and interesting A frame related posts to peruse. Be sure and let us know how well you like the screen room. I've not read, in this forum, of anyone having personal experience owning one, since it is such a new option. So your input will be of interest to many.

Deb

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum. I hope you have many good times with your A Frame. Post some pics when you can.

Jim & Kathy
Bailey, waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
Gracie, a rescued Beagle
2007 Chevy Tahoe
2008 FR Surveyor 233T
JimChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #4

Congrats on the new A-Frame and Welcome to the forum.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:45 PM   #5

Hello and congrats. I am a long time forum lurker turned A-frame owner as of yesterday. I am also getting out of the tent for the first time and am pumped! Heading on the maiden voyage March 23rd. Again, congrats

LM
loganmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:12 PM   #6
Mostly Harmless

Welcome to both new members. Seems like there's a similar history to most of us a-framers: long-time tenters needing something more comfortable. You'll have a blast! We're about to start our second year in ours; just pulled it out of storage today. The weather's been great, I hope I haven't jinxed it by getting Rocky (as we named it) out.

To the question of needing a special hitch, I pull my unit with a 12-year-old Chevy half-ton pickup, using just the towing package that came from the factory. No wdh or sway bar. It's shown no tendency to sway nor is the hitch weight excessive for the TV. Another member does use a wdh because the TV is a Jeep. So go with what your TV manual says. Peace of mind with your precious cargo aboard is priceless; the right hitch combo for your setup and a good brake controller are a small price to pay, whatever they cost.
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:35 AM   #7

I also want to welcome both of you. We are looking forward to getting out in ours in the next couple weeks. The weather here has been really nice lately. I am sure as soon as we plan an outing, that will change! Really want to hear your feedback Cattledog on the awning. Enjoy your new campers and let us know how it goes!
Old 03-16-2012, 09:18 PM   #8

Yep .. Im thinking of getting ours out of the garage for a quick trip up to Algonquin park because the weather is so nice .. but alas .. im going to have to wait until the last week of April .. first week of May ..for trout season to open ...
congrats on the new camper .. d-mo
Old 03-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #9

Thanks

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome will post some pictures with the awning/screen room when I get it home next month. From the way the weather is shaping up camping season may start a whole lot earlier for some of us. March 17 and it will be a high of 73F, wow. Happy St Pat’s day to all.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:46 AM   #10

Welcome - we have a T12 RB and just love it!
KristenDavid208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:50 AM   #11
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
WELCOME! Check out the August rally in Goshen... hope to see you there!

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #12

Newbie as well!

My wife and I recently purchased a new 2012 Salem 30FKBS and will be taking delivery of it in a couple weeks. We are also former tent campers and this is our first attempt at owning an RV...lol. So, it will be great reading what everyone has to say and write about their experiences. Me, I know I'll have tons of questions from gray and black water tank maintenance to what's everyone's favorite meals. It's great to be a part of what looks to be a terrific forum group.
Mandalay207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenDavid208 View Post
Welcome - we have a T12 RB and just love it!
KristenDavid208 a question for you.
I won’t be picking my T12RB up until next month I know the bed flips up and has storage underneath but in the dinette do either of the seats lift up and have storage space? I can’t remember it’s been a few weeks since I’ve seen the Aframe. Thanks for the help
Old 03-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #14

Cattledog,

I have tha Rockwood A122 (same floorplan). The door side dinette seat has 100% open storage. There is also access to this storage from the outside.

The off-door side seat has no storage. Your hot water heater and power panel are located there.

Dave

2014 Silverado Double Cab 1500 5.3L V8 w/3.42 Axle Ratio Tow Vehicle

Sold: 2012 Rockwood A122 Hardside Popup
daveinpickerington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:05 PM   #15
Flagstaff 22FBS

I'm not who you addressed your question to, but my A126 utilities are similar. You will not have storage under the galley side of the front dinette. The converter, water heater, gas furnace and shore power cord is stored under there. The opposite seat of the dinette should have storage accessed by a cabinet style door (across from the stereo). It is also accessible though a small hatch door on the exterior.

Keep in mind also that under the bed your Coolcat unit and 6" (?) ductwork to the AC/heat pump vents will be taking up space. However there should be a nice storage area on the passenger side under the bed. It can also accessed by an exterior hatch door.

Under the stereo and AC/furnace controls, at the side/under the microwave, is more storage accessed by a cabinet door. Click on the link below for some photos:

Forest River RVs | 2012 Forest River Flagstaff Hard Side Series T12RB

Deb

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:48 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog

KristenDavid208 a question for you.
I won’t be picking my T12RB up until next month I know the bed flips up and has storage underneath but in the dinette do either of the seats lift up and have storage space? I can’t remember it’s been a few weeks since I’ve seen the Aframe. Thanks for the help
Yes, the right set lifts up for full storage. It's shallow but wide and can also be accessed via key from the outside of the camper too. The left side is nailed shut.

Since there is just two of us, we remove the table and make that area storage for food and clothes via plastic, three-drawer storage bins from Walmart. If your super talented, check out Lee's videos on YouTube. He's my hero! http://www.youtube.com/user/thehamguy1/videos
KristenDavid208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #17
Mostly Harmless

I'm blushing!
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
Old 03-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamguy1 View Post
I'm blushing!
I went straight to it...that screen door is spectacular...I'm doin' it!!
loganmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #19
Mostly Harmless

While we're recommending things, you might check out Kristen and David's travel blog at http://www.yytraveladventures.com/. They also have a Facebook page: Yin and Yang Travel Adventures, and on Pinterst check http://pinterest.com/yytraveladv/. They're fellow hardsiders who have the luck and pluck to see the country and scope it out for us in advance. Tres cool.
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
Old 03-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome! Lots of good folks and knowledge here!
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is online now   Reply With Quote