Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2014, 09:34 AM   #1

Newbie from Texas

Good Morning Ladies and Gents

My wife and I are looking at getting a new Flagstaff aframe camper. We have a dealer about 10 minutes from our home. I've spent the past month checking online everything I could find on aframes. I've truly enjoyed this site and have learned a lot.

I finally took my wife to see for herself the aframes at the dealer and we spent about 20 minutes inside one of them. She fell in love with them. We do a lot of camping but getting too old for tent camping. We are looking at either the T12DDST or the A122S.

Got too many toys right now and trying to sell some of them before I get another one. Hopefully before many more weeks we can purchase our camper.

Just wanted to say hi and tell you how much I've enjoyed this site.

David
mlsa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:01 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum David!
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:19 AM   #3
Retread Popup Owner

Welcome! Good luck on your purchase. I have one year of experience with our T12DDST under my belt, and would be happy to try to answer any questions you might have.

Camping Photos
Camper Mods
Wojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:48 PM   #4

You may also want to Check Toppers rv. myself and atleast 5 other people i know have purchased from them.
Houston Texas RV Dealer | Selling brand named RVs in Waller Texas

The prices on the web are not firm they will deal some and you can get some options thrown in. The website does not list everything they have.
Let me know if you buy. you can use me as a referral who knows might get something out of it.
Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:20 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum, David. You will will be greatly pleased by stepping up from a tent to an A-frame.

I'll echo Prothos' comment about checking with Toppers. Even if you are not from the region, they can offer you a competing bid. My experience is that since A-frame dealers are spread pretty thin, any dealer within a reasonable days drive should be contacted. And always ask for a drive off price to ease the comparison between bids. There are advantages with buying from your local dealer, but there is no advantage in paying more than you need to in order to buy locally.

Most importantly though, find the camper you like and use it as much as possible.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:51 PM   #6

Welcome to the Forums David!

Hope all goes well with your "toy swapping" - you will really appreciate the difference A RV makes over a tent!!!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:28 PM   #7

Thanks for the warm welcome. I will definetly check Toppers in Waller. I'm not that far from there.

I've been looking over everybody's mods and I'm already doing mods to mine and I don't even have the camper yet. LOL.

My wife is really excited about the camper which surprised me...she does not like to spend money when we have two tents. LOL. I think she may be feeling her age too. haha.

David
Old 01-08-2014, 08:31 AM   #8

Welcome the the Forum! Sounds like you found a perfect fit for your lifestyle! I love my A Frame! It more than meets my user needs and hubby happy to know I am safe when traveling to dog show alone. Mods are a definite task every new owner seems to enjoy doing for their little trailer! I am always looking at what else we miggt "need" for stress free comfort when on a trip. Take some time and read thru past threads to learn more!

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:00 PM   #9

Well, wife and I went to visit Toppers in Waller Tx today. We really didn't have much time since I had to have her back for a Dr. apt..but we were too excited to put it off.

We were impressed with Toppers. They only had about 6 or 7 Aframes since the boat show was here a week or two ago I think they had sold most of them. They actually only had one we were interested in although it was .nice to see some of the other floor plans.

Neither of us liked the floor plan where the bed is out all the time. Seemed to make the inside look cramped. A couple of the others had the bathroom/shower combo which we didn't like.

They had one 2013 which was what we wanted with the two dinettes. It was the model #128S which I think is the same as the T12DDST...I think they just changed model numbers.

Didn't really have time to deal but they suggested financing it and then paying it off when I sold my trike (I don't want to go into debt but that sounded ok)...wife whispered and said we could go ahead and pay down for it. I told the sales girl I would have to think on it.

Wife came home and is already wanting to order the memory foam for her side of the bed. Shezz...talk about excited.

David
Old 01-13-2014, 05:17 PM   #10

Welcome aboard
RedDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:24 PM   #11

Congrats! Way to go!! Sounds like you got a Rockwood - those models start with A. Tje flagstaff A-Frames start with T. "A" for A-Frame, "T" for teepee

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:10 PM   #12

I looked at the "T" first, then the "A". Toppers told me the "A" campers had a better resale value because the Rockwood sales volumes were greater than the Flagstaff "T" models of otherwise identical units. He may believe that but I didn't put any stock in there being a meaningful difference and played the "A" and "T" dealers off against one another. It saved me a few dollars in the end.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:43 PM   #13
Mostly Harmless

Newbie from Texas

Hello David!
The Spousal Unit and I have had an A128 for three years now and are still very happy with it. We sometimes leave the U-shaped couch down as a bed for days on end, but it's nice to be able to quickly make it into a comfy sofa/dinette for when we want to lounge around inside (rainy days, etc.). I think you'll like that floorplan.

Instead of folding all the bedding up in order to change from bed to sofa, we just roll the entire bunch of bedding into a long tube and pitch it into the slot the factory conveniently included along the back end, behind the backrest cushions. You can maybe see the pillows peeking up in the photo. Takes 30 seconds to do or undo, a little longer to rearrange the cushions and set the table like we want it (or not. Sometimes we tuck the table away and just have a U-shaped conversation pit).Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1389728535.278494.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	44919
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:10 PM   #14

Congrats

http://www.rvt.com/Forest-River-Rock...45959-UX143444
SurveyorWI is offline   Reply With Quote