Old 04-29-2013, 05:23 PM   #11

What is the easiest way to weight it? We plan to camp at Lazy days the day we pick it up (this weekend) wonder if they could/would weight it? Thanks for the tips, loving this forum, especially the a frame as these campers are special, and I believe will become more popular because of the economy, gas, practicality, etc

Old 04-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #12
Fulltime family RVer

If you're near a highway and truck stops, there are CAT scales where you can weigh the combination of the two - minivan splitting 2 scales and the camper on the 3rd one and the vehicle by itself (park and detach the camper). If you have a weight distributing hitch- weigh once with it engaged and once with it off. The CAT scales can be intimidating because you're there with all of the big rig drivers!

You can also measure tongue weight at home with a household scale. You'll have to google that - I don't have any links handy.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #13

I weighed my Niagara at a yard that sold bulk rock building material. The scale read to 100 lbs so it was not good for tongue weight, but it was fine for axle weight. It was close to home and free.

Here is one good way to measure tongue weight

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsusluvsyou View Post
Thanks for your response, am new to pulling a trailer so backing it up into the driveway or an "L" shape camping spot will be interesting.
Howdy neighbor! We purchased at Lazydays also but live on the other side of the bridge. We also have an L shaped driveway. Hubby backs it in the best that he can then we unhitch and use a Harbor Freight trailer dolly to get it in the garage. We only have a slight incline on our driveway so I don't know if this will work for you.

http://www.harborfreight.com/heavy-d...lly-37510.html
K1050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #15

May have to purchase that harbor freight dolley. Have you guys found some good places in Florida to camp? We enjoyed ft desoto last summer but were in a tent, now will be in our a frame!
Old 04-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #16

Quote:
May have to purchase that harbor freight dolley. Have you guys found some good places in Florida to camp? We enjoyed ft desoto last summer but were in a tent, now will be in our a frame!
We were in a tent for 13 years. Your camper will feel like a hotel. Being able to use the air and heat has really added to our camping season. Ft DeSoto is our favorite. We will be there again in May and June. We have also tried these places since we purchased the camper.

Trip #2 Thanksgiving Break

FL Spring Break
Old 04-29-2013, 07:35 PM   #17

Thanks for the tips, may try the park south of Orlando
Old 04-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #18

Quote:
Thanks for your response, am new to pulling a trailer so backing it up into the driveway or an "L" shape camping spot will be interesting.
Find a large parking lot on a weekend like a school or something and pratice pratice pratice and make small wheel adjustments no need to turn the wheel all the way to make the camper go where you want to.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #19

Quote:
Thanks for the info. We have the sway bar,etc put on sat at lazy days so will discuss with them, I do note the Odessey minivan is already lower to the ground, wonder also how I will adjust towing on my Tacoma which is a lot higher? Thanks again...
Totally forgot to mention that Lazydays will allow you to stay in their campground for free when you pick up. Just ask your salesperson. It was handy when we found a few things that did not work correctly to be there on property. Also, bring a video camera if possible for your walk through. They will give you a lot of new info. Enjoy!
K1050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:38 PM   #20

Thanks for the tips and yes we are staying the night at Lazy Days to learn and check how it all works. Driving it home and backing it up in my drive will be interesting !