Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #21

Maranatha - What kind of mattress did you buy that fit, since the bed area is not a standard size? Right now I am using a 1" memory foam and a topper as well and not quite comfortable enough to my liking.
raejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:49 PM   #22

Not sure what he is using, but a full will fit, but be short. These beds are full queens. Full width, queen length (approximately).
Reese 66065 WDH, Curt WDH Shank #17120
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Mopar 7-pin Harness
B&M Transmission Cooler (#70268)
Jeep4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:13 AM   #23

The 54X80 beds are an unusual but standard size called a Extra Long Full. The extra long part is what prompted me to get a FR A Frame. I'd have prefered a queen width with a narrower, 2 person dinette, but....

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:28 PM   #24

Cut and Paste from another post I had....
Sorry for the delay in my reply RaeJay

One other problem I had was the seat cushions. I have just the one table that makes into a bed. Sleeping on just the cushions (230 pound man) causes them to compress to about a quarter of an inch so basically you're sleeping on wood at this point. A stop at Walmart and $20 later, I had a full size inflatable air mattress. This was pure luxury compared to what the camper came with. Ultimately my wife and I found that having the bed made up and ready to climb into was the way to go instead of using the table. I've since decided to buy a real mattress to put in the camper. The mattress size needed is a 54" x 80". This is called a "Full XL". A regular full mattress is 54" x 75". A full will work but you will have big gaps between the mattress and wall. My pillow had a tendency to work itself into the gap disturbing my beauty rest. My wife and I surmised that we spend 8-10 hours sleeping in the camper each night and only a few minutes eating, showering etc. so we have decided to buy a very comfortable home mattress to put in the camper and leave the bed made at all times. I think I will also use a piece of plywood or boards for the bed base instead of the table. The only drawback will be that it will be some what difficult to access one of the storage bays underneath the bed. But like one guy told me at the RV Park... There's no such thing as the perfect rv.
Maranatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #25

Dinette Sleeping

We have tried a lot of different modes and the one that works the best for us is the "egg crate" foam (king size) with out extra long 40F degree or above dual sleeping bags. Having the king size topper allows enough to roll up the walls and on cold nights gives us more insulation from the outdoor elements. Using the sleeping bags and foam topper makes it easier to store during the day.
We also use the memory foam topper (queen) with foam base (not the mattress) with blankets and sheets which has worked well too.
JoArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #26

We just spent seven nights in our camper using our 4" memory foam topper on top of the couch cushions and it was great. We didn't have any back troubles.
IndyRC is offline   Reply With Quote