Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #1

Ontario CA. to Myrtle beach ...

I leaving Ottawa Ontario, Canada ... Mid April ... and returning the first week of May to and from Myrtle beach. Would anyone like to suggest a highway trail that would get me there with the least amount of city traffic .. and issues for the two or three day travelling ...

We will camp .. hookup free .. the secound day im into the trip ... for a one - two nighter .. sorry .. dont do walmarts or reststops ...

We like state parks ... so any information would be appreciated ...

d-mo
Old 01-23-2013, 10:42 PM   #2

Can't say anything about the route but if you like state parks Huntington Beach State Park is the best experience I have ever had. They charge the public to enter the park so all the crowds go to the public beaches at Myrtle and you are left with a pristine beach with no crowds. The campground is just a short walk to the beach through a small mangrove and a couple of dunes on a boardwalk. Many campsites are shady and they are spaced well in most spots. The facilities are not top notch but they had upgraded the last time I visited. Very few sewer sites mainly for handicapped and only 30 amp hookup but we visit once or twice a year and would love to go more. A bird watchers paradise, salt water marsh, fresh water lagoon with alligators, great hiking trail, friendly and helpful rangers, we love the place. Our goto beach spot just south of Myrtle Beach. Enjoy your trip. JT
Jtant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:03 PM   #3

Huntington state park is awesome !!!