Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #1

Organizer Stand for A Frame

I have been looking for a simply solution to more storage purchased this for $55.00 plus tax on an in store special. Thinking of leaving out the dinette table as I rarely eat inside and putting the organizer between the seats, it has a tabletop so it’s still good if the weather forces me inside to eat. Won’t be able to try it out until I get the A Frame out of the carport but I took a few pictures if anyone is interested.
Here is the description from the Canadian Tire website.
· Organizer works great for transporting, organizing and storing camping gear
· Large tote with pull-down legs converts into a portable table
· Detachable tabletop fits neatly in side pocket
· Four removable storage bags
· 27 x 16 x 28" (68.5 x 40.6 x 71.1 cm)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0652.JPG
Views:	240
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	26594

Name:	IMG_0653.JPG
Views:	286
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	26595

Name:	IMG_0654.JPG
Views:	358
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	26596

Name:	IMG_0656.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	26597
Cattledog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #2
Mostly Harmless

Wow, a table and a closet (or pantry) all in one. And easily taken out of the camper for loading/unloading at home. The $85 price tag isn't bad either. Thanks for posting. Wish we had Canada Tire stores here; I always like wandering through them when we're in Canada.
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #3

I looked at Camp Chef organizer like that! GMTA! (great minds think alike) haha

It seems like an awesome solution for storage starved units! I have been wavering between this and the Kelty kitchen (also has removable Binto bags)

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #4

I believe these are available in the US on Amazon but the brand name is Camp Chef Sherpa looked exactly the same as our Broadstone version.
Cattledog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #5

Oh that explains why it looled so familiar! $55 was an excellent price for this! Havent srrn them priced that nice in WA (Cabelas carries them) or on Amazon. Good purchase, Cattledog!

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:03 PM   #6

We are doing the same thing. We bought a storage/table unit and will use the original table outside. We bought our table / storage unit at Camping World.
2012 Rockwood A126
jmfpanzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #7

thanks for this ... we are planning to leave on a fairly major trip in the next couple of weeks .. and the I have just pulled the camper from the garage.
i can give you measurements .. for the table ravine .. if you need them ...but this will definately be on our purchase list ... tomorrow ...

d-mo
Old 03-30-2013, 07:24 AM   #8

Bought the camp chef organizer off amazon last fall. Frees up a lot of cabinet space.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #9

Be careful using the original table outside. We got the small table damp from dew and it ended up splitting and separating. We are getting an aluminum roll up table to use outside. We had a wood roll up that we used for years, but it recently broke. The storage table is a great idea.
nannylou922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:35 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannylou922 View Post
Be careful using the original table outside. We got the small table damp from dew and it ended up splitting and separating. We are getting an aluminum roll up table to use outside. We had a wood roll up that we used for years, but it recently broke. The storage table is a great idea.
Nannylou:

Are you referring to the small shelf that attaches to the outside of the A frame, next to the grill? I haven't used my A frame yet but I'm glad I saw this post. I was going to put it outside and leave it there during a camping trip but if it's not weather proof, I won't do that. That is really helpful information. Thanks.
Jim
jjdcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdcamper View Post
Nannylou:

Are you referring to the small shelf that attaches to the outside of the A frame, next to the grill? I haven't used my A frame yet but I'm glad I saw this post. I was going to put it outside and leave it there during a camping trip but if it's not weather proof, I won't do that. That is really helpful information. Thanks.
Jim
+1 I used my little table outside for the first time (along with the grill) this past weekend. I remembered what nannylou said so I put it in the truck for the night. Had I not read that post, I likely would have left it outside both nights.

That table with storage looks pretty interesting. I'd love to see a pic of one sitting on the dinette area of the A-frame to get a better visual of size before I commit one.
IndyRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #12

Yes, Jim
It was the small table that attaches to the side, but since the dinette table and side table are made the same way, I wouldn't trust either one being left out. The dampness literaly made the wood swell and popped off the ede making the laminate curl. Our dealer did replace it without a problem since it was still under warranty. We also had problems with our tires. On our second trip out, we had a blow out ripping the wheel well out. They replaced the tire and wheel well. On our way to Florida we stopped at a campground...no air conditioning. The next morning we discovered that the replaced tire was very big and the belts were showing. We replaced all three tires (two on and spare). When we got home, the dealer found that the first blowout had ripped the wiring for the airconditioner from the thermostat. Everything seems to be working great now! Heading back to Florida in a few weeks!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #13

Forgot to mention..Gander Mountain had a similar storage table on sale. $10.00 cheaper
Old 04-13-2013, 05:08 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannylou922 View Post
Yes, Jim
It was the small table that attaches to the side, but since the dinette table and side table are made the same way, I wouldn't trust either one being left out. The dampness literaly made the wood swell and popped off the ede making the laminate curl. Our dealer did replace it without a problem since it was still under warranty. We also had problems with our tires. On our second trip out, we had a blow out ripping the wheel well out. They replaced the tire and wheel well. On our way to Florida we stopped at a campground...no air conditioning. The next morning we discovered that the replaced tire was very big and the belts were showing. We replaced all three tires (two on and spare). When we got home, the dealer found that the first blowout had ripped the wiring for the airconditioner from the thermostat. Everything seems to be working great now! Heading back to Florida in a few weeks!
Nannylou:

Sounds like you had your share of troubles. I do hope they are all straightened out now. Thanks so much for the tip on the shelf. I'll make sure not to leave it out overnight or in the rain. It would seem FR would put a weather proof shelf in place of one that falls apart in the damp weather. Perhaps an oversight on their part but I'm sure glad you posted the tip. I wonder how many other Flagstaff/Rockwood owners know about that?
Thanks again,
Jim
jjdcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #15

I reused the bracketry for the outside table to adapt a bamboo butcher block slightly larger. Better table and because its not particle board I'm not worried about weather. I'm converting the indoor table to a plywood top with a aluminum post center instead of the heavy, clumsy steel folding legs it has now.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:41 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawlus View Post
I reused the bracketry for the outside table to adapt a bamboo butcher block slightly larger. Better table and because its not particle board I'm not worried about weather. I'm converting the indoor table to a plywood top with a aluminum post center instead of the heavy, clumsy steel folding legs it has now.
Please post photos and details of your conversion, such as where you got the center post. That is the only mod I have thought of doing so far. Those folding tables are a pain.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #17

You can get the pedestal table mount setup almost anywhere, even amazon.com

Here's one place.

RV Pedestal Table Legs at PPL - PPL Motor Homes
Old 04-13-2013, 07:58 AM   #18

We used a Sterilite 3-Drawer Medium Cart, from Walmart. I made a small table top for it.
f150k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #19

Quote:
You can get the pedestal table mount setup almost anywhere, even amazon.com

Here's one place.

RV Pedestal Table Legs at PPL - PPL Motor Homes
Thanks. PPL is just down the highway from me.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:24 AM   #20
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
I did the center post replacement too, and can recommend it. It does leave a lump in the middle of the dinette area floor, which is the post socket, but it's not really an inconvenience. I think the post and two sockets set me back something like $35. I saved the folding legs that were on the table--couldn't make myself toss them out, but does anyone have suggestions about alternate uses for them?
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote