Old 05-02-2012, 01:12 AM   #11

LM: We bought it at the Clanton store on I-65. They had 3 models at the time we started looking. Ingram RV in Wetumpka and Montgomery had several new Aliners that we considered. They were nice units, but they were too small and too expensive. My wife ultimately selected the A128S.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:32 AM   #12
Site Team

Congrats on your first outing!

At the RV show I could see the difference between the Aliner and Rockwood units and in my book the Rockwood came out the winner. Price and quailty were the deciding factors.

Love the pictures! The A128S fits right in with the trees and lake.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #13

Hi DGrissom, I am looking at buying the same rig, because I think we need the front storage box to house chairs, grey water catcher, buck, external stove, external stove lpg, wheel chocks, power cord, water hose, handle for the stabilisers, brush etc.. - is that your view ? I noticed the box has a slide out, is this good necessary ? does everything have to go in the slide out ?
On the basis of this model, we will definately want a sprung mattress so intend to have the left dinnette permanently down with the mattress there - would this work ? Is that what you do ?
regards
Antone
Old 05-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoman View Post
Hi DGrissom, I am looking at buying the same rig, because I think we need the front storage box to house chairs, grey water catcher, buck, external stove, external stove lpg, wheel chocks, power cord, water hose, handle for the stabilisers, brush etc.. - is that your view ? I noticed the box has a slide out, is this good necessary ? does everything have to go in the slide out ?
On the basis of this model, we will definately want a sprung mattress so intend to have the left dinnette permanently down with the mattress there - would this work ? Is that what you do ?
regards
Antone
Hi Antone,

For the record, the front storage is great!
I keep my grill, chairs, 5 gal paint bucket (gray water), awning, and more in it. There is a 175 lb limit sticker on the storage area. The only slide-out I saw seemed to be for the pop-up tent campers (I could be wrong.) Since can alway access storage from top as well as the sides, you won't need it.

IMO, the 4" cushions are pretty comfortable. They are firm and don't shift (like we thought they might). However, I can imagine that a true mattress would be better for any long term camping. It should work if you can find a size that will fit.

I hope this helps.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:06 AM   #15

Thanks mate, re the mattress, I'm thinking the area is the same as that in the A122 model which comes with a sprung mattress etc.. so I should be able to order the A128 but with a sprung mattress too - does this make sense to you ? or do you know something that I don't etc..
cheers
Antone
Old 05-10-2012, 07:14 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoman View Post
regards
Antone
This stuff can all be transported in an a-frame without the front storage box. We have most of the equipment and it goes in either the front or rear storage lockers on our A122.
for us, the front locker would just cause us to take more than is necessary to be comfortable and equipped.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:10 AM   #17

Ahoman: It should fit. I can't remember the layout of the cool cat (location) on the other unit. I believe in my opinion that the air circulation was slightly better with the table up. Let us know if you can get the mattress.

Tags
a128, a128s