Old 09-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
Outlet protectors & counter shelves

Before any lectures on plug in surge protectors not providing adequate protection.....yes, I now have a surge protector for the entire trailer (portable Surge Guard w/LCD display) - this post is to share these cool outlet protectors that have USB capability & hopefully will protect whatever is plugged into them....not to say the rest of the trailer's electrical appliances (fridge, converters, air conditioner, etc) wouldnt bite the dust with poor power quality or weather with no protection.

Here are the two types of outlet protectors I got for the cabinet outlets. I decided I didnt like the look of cords trailing the trailer walls or counter top, so got these surge protectors that plug into the outlet, gaining me a few USB outlets as well!

The white outlet is very cool - it not only has 2 USB chargers, but has two rotating outlets which allow for bulky plugs to rotate out of the way if next to each other & it has a $$ guarantee to protect what is plugged into it.

The black outlet also adds two USB outlets & keeps the same # of AC outlets.

Both have color coded lights that show at a glance they are protecting, charging & when they are not.

The shelf over the sink is a bathroom towel holder (minus the towel holder) LOL
I cut clear plexi to cover the wire shelves for solid surface for the small coffee maker to sit on. The silverware/utensil container sits underneath, plenty of space to pop the lid for fast reach of a spatula or knife.

The opposite side is the microwave cabinet where the tv/dvd combo sits atop another shelf.

Using these small shelves gains cabinet/storage space, reduces counter clutter & allows easy reach of frequently used items.

A sidenote: For those with the sofa bed models, if you havent already discovered, you can store things behind the cushion when the sofa is slightly pulled out. I put my pjs, shower kit, lap throw & anything else that isnt frequently used during the day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-09-01 16.46.53.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	39034   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-09-01 16.51.53.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	39035   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-09-01 16.54.23.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	39036   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-09-01 16.58.32.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	39037   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-09-01 17.01.21.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	39038  

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:31 AM   #2
I like the mods! Thank you for sharing, Tamara! We picked up a couple of outlet adapters that have USB ports too. Those things are awesome and really save on having to carry around the chargers (not that those things take up so much space, but in the event I forget them!).

...and...we're camping!!
Glenn & Debbie
2013 Rockwood A127TH (aka Carl)
2012 Ford Raptor
Camping born-on date: 21 July 2012
Nights camped: 2014-3 (so far!!); 2013-16; 2012-2 nights
FarFromStock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
Rockwood Premier A126
I like the white ones with the swivel thingies.

Now I'm curious...
Do you have a curtain along the bed/sofa (rear) side of your Aframe? Is that something you added or standard on your unit??

We have a (standard) curtain that attaches (velcro) to the ceiling along the dinette side (front) for privacy for the cassette toilet.

Thanks for the photos and ideas,
Deb & Gary
2007 Ford E150 cargo van, 2012 Rockwood Premier A126

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote