Old 03-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #1

Packing and prepping A Frame for the season

Where did DH find me this a.m.?

I've been out in the shop, in the A Frame, making out the list of things to put back in and taking out what I didnt use. Setting up the trailer and working out any adjustment in traveling comfort needs. Number one task is to make sure the coffee station is stocked! Checked flashlight, headlamps & lantern batteries as well as disposable plates, flatware, ziplocs, foil, first aid kit.

Staples kept in trailer all season & remove at end of season: container of Advil, toothpaste, deodorant, shower gel, lotion and body/hand soap and mosquito repellant.

Most food is consumed during the trip as it is either fresh, frozen or refrigerated. I keep some canned and dry box food and spices for variety and "just in case" a planned meal is a disaster. LOL Last year, I didnt use the inside stove once. We microwaved, grilled and ate lots of fresh salads and such. So, looking forward to seeing how the Camp Chef oven works this season, looking forward to fresh cinnamon rolls on a cool morning and cookies in the evening!

Interior-wise, added 2 more LED puck lights, so now the two large baggage compartments have light at both entry doors, inside and out. So altogether there are six strategically placed puck lights in cabinets/storage spaces and two additional (unattached) puck lights that I set on the counter tops for softer dim light that shoots straight up. DH asks me why I use these and not the trailer's overhead lights when I change clothes and I explain my paranoia, so a passerby wont get a shadow show. LOL

Have a few interior & exterior art projects to complete & then the trailer will be set for the season. DH will double check my abilities w/following the mechanical checklist & make sure all is safe when I hit the shows with the pups....I am getting excited! Just a couple more weeks...

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
Rockwood Premier A126

Good check list handbuilder! One thing I noticed missing from the "staples" part of your list: microwaveable popcorn. (Although the aroma tends to drive your camping neighbors crazy)

Post photos when you take your first of the season dog show adventure.

Deb

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:11 PM   #3

Deb, Funny you should mention that!

I noticed the only food I left in the trailer (since October) was 3 bags of microwavable popcorn, a can of corned beef hash, a small jar of unopened mayonnaise and a box of Zatarin rice. Yes, time to restock the dry goods.

On another note, since I am a clay artist, I was going to make a custom art can out of pottery....but DH suggested something ready made, citing weight and breakability of clay piece....wouldnt bother me if it broke en route, I'd just make another.....as long as it fits in the counter space behind the stove, I will be happy. So, will now use a repurposed plastic screw top (protein powder) container that I can push a small plastic bag inside to collect coffee grinds, potato peels and other small trash....its about the size of a kitchen counter compost container. Since I keep rolls of doggie doo bags, I have found they fit (and work) perfectly for this little can, too. LOL (I will share a photo once I have adequately personalized it to look artsy fartsy & embellished with custom colors of the interior)

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:27 PM   #4
Mostly Harmless

You might have a small business going there once you post the pics...
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote