Old 07-23-2016, 09:01 AM   #1

PahaQue Aframe Awning/Visor for ROCKWOOD

I am really interested in this PahaQue awning/visor for the aframe. I have both an EZ UP (sometimes a pain in the butt) and a CLAM screen room.. but I still like the idea of this awning. Kinda pricey.. but this installation video makes it look very tempting.

Anybody have one? What do you think?

Old 07-23-2016, 09:23 AM   #2

Hi Chuck
That is very interesting. The only concern that comes to mind is what do you do if a high wind situation or bad storm comes up? Seems like it would be difficult to remove quickly. Maybe it can withstand extreme weather conditions? I think I would bring this question up to the manufacturer.

Swampweasel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 10:28 AM   #3

I think that is very kewl. I watched the video and it seems like an easy product to set up. I searched the web for any customer reviews but I couldn't find any. The visor is a new item according to the website.
Old 07-23-2016, 10:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimare57 View Post
I think that is very kewl. I watched the video and it seems like an easy product to set up. I searched the web for any customer reviews but I couldn't find any. The visor is a new item according to the website.
This product has actually been around awhile (not sure how long).. This particular model is newer. The PahaQue company had another visor for aframes.. but they had two different models for different box sizes. I notice this one says it fits ALL box sizes.
Old 07-23-2016, 10:37 PM   #5

We did not get an awning with our A-frame and in fact the sales rep didn't even ask if we wanted one. The set up dvd that came with the unit showed how to install an awning/screen room, but I haven't been able to find out where they're sold. Anybody with any info ?
Old 07-24-2016, 08:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyCas View Post
We did not get an awning with our A-frame and in fact the sales rep didn't even ask if we wanted one. The set up dvd that came with the unit showed how to install an awning/screen room, but I haven't been able to find out where they're sold. Anybody with any info ?
The awning/screen room that is sold as an option with new Forest River aframes is quite different than this PahaQue visor. . I think you should be able to order the Forest River screen room from a dealer. Some people like them.. some don't. I didn't.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:56 AM   #7

I have screen room and use it only on stays of three days or longer. The awning does not take to long to put up and the more you use it the less time it takes to erect. The screen room part of it involves velcro which can be a problem over time. From what I saw in the PahaQue video I would prefer the FR awning. It is larger and seems stronger. It would be nice if you could buy just the awning from FR for a lower cost but that is not the case. The awning/screen room from FR is costly so if you want to purchase one I would try to find a pre owned one. I have seen people on this forum that have one, do not like them and are willing to sell it.

Tags
awning, frame, rockwood