Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2016, 11:57 PM   #1

Picking Up 2015 A122 Tomorrow!

I'm very excited and can't wait to one day share trips/mods with everyone here. - I've been reading every concerns, issues and of course the enjoyment with this trailer. Again, can't wait.

As for my walk-through/pick up of my 2015 unit tomorrow, does anyone have any feedback on what I should be looking for? Anything I should bring up to the RV dealer for future issues?

I am aware of the wires hanging out and I will be buying thin plastic pipes to cover them. I will also plastidip the bottom. Your two cent is appreciated.

Anyways, I'm in Calgary, Alberta so if you're ever in my neck of the woods, LMK.
rwhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 01:39 AM   #2
I go RV'ing not Camping

Congrats on your new trailer and welcome to the forum from Lethbridge.

Only advice is check over everything twice during the pdi and don't let them rush you out of there.
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 08:10 AM   #3

I'm also looking into an A 122.
You mentioned "hanging wires", can you give me some more details?
AngryPancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 10:35 AM   #4

some wires aren't properly tied and showing underneath the a122. I will upload photos when I get it.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:55 AM   #5

RwHC - Plastic dip what bottom? The floor?

That is definitely NOT wise to do, you will void your warranty if you do so. The floor has a 25 year warranty. It is engineered OSB. Before you do anything to the floor, you should research the product to understand it's qualities. It's not particle board as others have posted. Particle board is not Oriented Strand Board. Different applications for different uses. OSB is used in home construction for roof and floor applications. It's all about the resin technology that bonds it together.

RV OSB floor needs to breathe to dry if it gets wet. By sealing the floor, any water that finds it's way there, is trapped. Deterioration will predictably occur if it happens often enough.

It's just a heads up...we heard the ignorant floor comments from sales guys with other brands. I'm lucky that my spouse is in construction business and knows more than an average consumer about construction materials and build quality. I was set to buy the other known brand but spouse looked over the two brands and favored the finish work and material quality of the FR product.

I've had the A-Frame since 2012 and the little Flagstaff has not disappointed at all. I thank my spouse each and every trip I make solo, for his help in finding my escape pod.

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 02:22 PM   #6

Depending on you trailer knowledge, you need to have all the systems explained. For the A frame being such a small trailer there are a lot of systems to learn. So ask lot of question and take you time. There is a pdi check list on the site some where, do a search.

Welcome to the board.
1A Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 10:16 PM   #7

It was you! lol

I would bet money you bought that trailer the day before I saw the ad and went to buy it. I was so disappointed it had sold! Haha. I'll be watching your progress with it and this thread so I can learn from you. Congrats!

I hope to pick up my 2016 A122S which I'll be getting instead, in the next couple of weeks.
21Feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 12:34 AM   #8

@handbuilder - not the OSB (I would never touch that), talking about underneath; outside. Similar to a spray liner/foam. After talking to the tech though, I might not do anything other than a spray foam.

@21feet - From Rangeland right? I would say you are correct. We probably missed each other by one or two hours of the sale. Let's connect when you pick up your a122s, I am sure I'll have plenty to share.

@every one else - thanks for all your support. I do appreciate it.

- So far what I've done - cleaned all the windows inside and out. One thing to remember, the dome windows and the skylight is not glass. When wiping it, use a microfiber towel and do it very soft. It will scratch.

- My wife sells blinds, and she reminded me to make sure the plated shades screws are tight and not loose due to a unit that was shown to many. Lo and behold, the screw was loose and I simply placed the blinds in the "privacy" position and tightened it up. It would of ripped, I believe, after a couple more ups and downs.

- My Tow Vehicle is a 15' 4Runner, no weight distribution hitch needed.

- I used velcro brand to place my trailer brake controller, so no screws needed. Very stable and goes where it is convenient to you.

- Sorry about the photos... The forum keeps rotating it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	car tril.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	295.2 KB
ID:	109303   Click image for larger version

Name:	tailr.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	247.8 KB
ID:	109304  
Old 05-28-2016, 06:44 AM   #9

Congrats on your new A 122.
I'm looking forward to hearing your stories.
AngryPancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:13 AM   #10

Hope to see you in the Alberta wilderness soon
Dsfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 03:42 PM   #11

Yes, RWHC - I was also referring to the underneath exposed floor of the A-Frame as every now and then a new owner says they want to do the same thing you have described (spray or seal it).

Congrats to your new purchase.

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a122