Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2011, 12:12 PM   #21

A little driveway camping this past weekend....

The correct size cover was delivered today.....

A pic of the box in case someone needs the correct cover..

2016 A122 SXR (New)

2016 Toyota Tacoma DCLB
Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:29 PM   #22
Mostly Harmless

That's smart, to do a photo of the box. I can read the model number easily. Does the cover come with those white flaps shading the tires, or did you add that refinement?

I've had our unit in storage about three weeks and already I'm missing it. Time to start on some project I guess. Maybe a mod for a second battery, like D-mo made.
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #23

The white flaps are just tire covers that I had left over from my pop-up camper, they really don`t fit to well.

If the weather stays this nice, I may get another trip in, fingers crossed.

2016 A122 SXR (New)

2016 Toyota Tacoma DCLB
Old 11-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #24

Mike,
Due to the fact that the cover is on, does that mean you are done camping for the year? I'm hoping to see a few shots with the snow around you driveway spot. Also, you mentioned that you did a solo trip when you started this thread. Do you camp much by yourself? How is the A Frame for one person (I assume it's great, just curious on the thoughts of any solo campers).
John
Tinsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:57 PM   #25

I will camp until they start covering our roads with salt for the snow. My camper is winterized, but it is no big deal to just take a few jugs of water.

The a-frame is very easy to manage on solo trips, I like taking the family, but I also enjoy a few trips a year by myself. I think my wife likes to get rid of me for a few weekends, she can usually tell when I`m ready to go somewhere. I had a pop-up camper and that was getting to be to much setup work for a weekend trip, and was not fun when camping alone.

2016 A122 SXR (New)

2016 Toyota Tacoma DCLB
Old 11-28-2011, 06:35 PM   #26

well that kinda makes me chuckle ...I've done a few solo trips myself this year with the A122 ... for a total of 9 days ... and yep .. its an easy one man job. Next year my first camping trip will be out to algonquin park for trout ... end of April, first week of May ... but most likely do it with a buddy .... the boys are lining up already for the first softwater fishing outing.

I will chew around for some pics of that area ... maybe of intrest for a few fisherman.

d-mo
Old 11-29-2011, 03:29 PM   #27
Flagstaff 22FBS

This isn't exactly a camping photo, but we couldn't wait... Gary and I set up our "Christmas present to each other" (an EZ-Up canopy with screen) in the garage after it arrived a few days ago.

We plan to camp in our A126 and use our new "accessory" a couple of nights on the return leg of a quickie trip to Florida in a few weeks. I'll post some of those pictures here then.

Deb

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:44 PM   #28

Deb,
The EZUp looks great. How EZ was it to set up. You garage is so tall, could you set up the A126 inside? If so, you can camp out all winter long!
John
Old 11-29-2011, 04:07 PM   #29
Flagstaff 22FBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsu View Post
Deb,
The EZUp looks great. How EZ was it to set up.
Weeeel, that was why we tried it at home before attempting the setup out in public! hehe
It wasn't too difficult and no lawyers were called, so that's a good thing.
It set up pretty quickly, especially compared to an older version screen house that we had years ago, with the poles, guide wires and such.
Quote:
You garage is so tall, could you set up the A126 inside? If so, you can camp out all winter long!
John
Yes, our garage (and living quarters) is in a 12' tall building. We have set up our A126 right there after we purchased it and brought it home.
You know how it is, gotta look 'er over, kick the tires and make it your own.

Deb

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
Old 12-27-2011, 09:35 PM   #30
Flagstaff 22FBS

Here are a few pic from our quickie trip taking my Mom to her winter "camp" in Florida. (She's 90 and has an efficiency apartment in the camp.) We had to make it back before Christmas for the Grandkids.
Gary checking the lugs after the first 120 miles:

Set up at Mom's church camp Avon Park, Florida:

Old 12-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #31
Flagstaff 22FBS

Ochlockonee River State Park, Tallahassee, Florida:

Big Lagoon State Park, Pensacola, Florida:

Sunrise over our A126 Big Lagoon State Park, Pensacola, Florida:

Old 12-27-2011, 10:47 PM   #32

Nice pic`s!!
My poor camper is setting outside in the rain, waiting for spring

I have already started planning trips for next year, and I`m sure that I am not the only one here that has started to make plans.

2016 A122 SXR (New)

2016 Toyota Tacoma DCLB
Old 12-28-2011, 09:15 AM   #33

Looks nice and warm in your pics. Do you feel much behind you when towing the Rockwood? In the spring, we plan to buy one. Moving up from tent campers.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #34
Flagstaff 22FBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
Nice pic`s!!
My poor camper is setting outside in the rain, waiting for spring

I have already started planning trips for next year, and I`m sure that I am not the only one here that has started to make plans.
Talking about rain, it rained our last night in FL and rained the whole way home. The weather was warm enough, if it wasn't for the rain we would have camped in Alabama on the way back.

Worrying about the moisture when breaking camp, as we folded down the sides we wiped them down with a towel. When we slid together/folded down the top, it was too tall (or far in) to reach and that part was still a little wet. But it was nice and dry when we opened her up at home.

We will include a squeegie in our camper tools so there will be no excuse to not go camping.

I'm looking forward to another trip, but like you, it'll be later on next year.

We found that the Florida State Parks were very nice.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:27 AM   #35
Flagstaff 22FBS

Quote:
Looks nice and warm in your pics. Do you feel much behind you when towing the Rockwood? In the spring, we plan to buy one. Moving up from tent campers.
That is the part that we love the most. The A126 came right along with no problems. No wind drag and so light weight. I drove several hours too. When we stopped for lunch, then had to change lanes to get back on the interstate, it was sooo easy to see over the top and not depend on the side mirrors.

We have put a bed mattress in place of the folding sofa pads and removed the back shelf. It's just my hubby and me and we leave the bed out all the time anyway. This way the sofa pads will be in good condition if/when we sell her, but I can't see that happening very soon. We are both lovin' this camper. (It is our 4th, the other 3 were travel trailers.)

Old 12-28-2011, 12:20 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
We will include a squeegie in our camper tools so there will be no excuse to not go camping.
Deb raises something that I did not think about. Do we need to wipe down the sides before closing? What do you do if you have to close while it's raining and can't wait? Any thoughts?
Old 12-28-2011, 03:25 PM   #37
Flagstaff 22FBS

It closes up so quickly that usually you can catch a break and beat the worst of the rain.

That day it was raining off and on, so we did a lot of prep ahead of time. Gary wiped off and put away the water hose, drained the water heater, I pulled the water line valves so they would drain and we dumped the water filter under the sink. We pumped out the fresh water from the toilet's holding tank and he dumped the cassette potty black water tank in the appropriate manner. We added a little "pink stuff" (antifreeze) in the toilet's fresh water tank (using the toilet's pump) until it showed on the water level indicator. I set down and secured the interior paraphernalia and we waited for a short while. When there was a "break" in the down pour and we went for it, got the sides folded in and wiped off and the top down pretty quickly. Gary wiped the power cord as he put it back in the power cord "cubbie" and I folded in the hand rail, put in the step and took care of the wet towels. We hitched 'er up and headed north.

imo drying (or at least wiping down) the sides, after they were folded in, is more important than the top. The top being wet didn't seem to be a big problem, because it was completely dry inside when we got home. The squeegie is just me being worried about keeping a dry interior. I'd say it's probably a lot easier to deal with hard sides than canvas sides.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:29 PM   #38

I like the idea of using a squeegee to remove water from the folding sides, it should not take up to much room and would also help remove stuff like pine needles. I seem to attract rain when I go camping, so this is a great addition to my camping tools.

2016 A122 SXR (New)

2016 Toyota Tacoma DCLB
Old 01-09-2012, 08:23 AM   #39
Moderator Emeritus

This thread had gotten off topic into toilet options. I started a new thread with those posts here:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...mes-18946.html

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #40

Here's a few from a trip last summer in Wisconsin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1055.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	56.9 KB