Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2015, 09:07 AM   #1

Protection in a bag, For Flagstaff T 21QBHW

I used to buy the Adco trailer covers for a couple hundred dollars from Camping World and they only only last me a couple years. So when we bought our new Flagstaff T-21 QBHW A frame, We decided to invest in a custom Sunbrella cover
from Camping World made by Adco. We were the first to order one so they have all the sizes for a template if you decide to go with this kind of protection for outside storage. We live here in Florida so we get a lot of rain and a lot of sun so this is the best material for any kind environment.
IMG_1525.jpg
IMG_1522.jpg
IMG_1519.jpg
IMG_1520.jpg
IMG_1526.jpg
IMG_1521.jpg
IMG_1518.jpg
IMG_1523.jpg
IMG_1524.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1524.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	79857   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1522.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	326.4 KB
ID:	79858   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1525.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	399.8 KB
ID:	79859   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1520.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	225.5 KB
ID:	79860   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1526.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	380.2 KB
ID:	79861  

Jacink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:51 AM   #2

I also have an adco but am looking for sunbrella. How much did it cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 06-15-2015, 08:59 AM   #3

If you don't want full side coverage, use an 8 foot wide waterproof tarp. A PCV pipe in the middle props it up a bit to keep it from draping over the side and allow air flow underneath. It keeps UV and rain off the top while allowing easy access inside.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:29 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooneil View Post
If you don't want full side coverage, use an 8 foot wide waterproof tarp. A PCV pipe in the middle props it up a bit to keep it from draping over the side and allow air flow underneath. It keeps UV and rain off the top while allowing easy access inside.
Not a bad idea. The adco lets water through. I guess with the pvc you get air circulation and waterproofing from the plastic tarp
mudman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:36 AM   #5

I've had an adco for 6 years and the yearly ritual is to patch up the small tears that inevitably occur. A piece of the self adhesive patching material on both sides and stitch in place by hand with Fireline ( kevlar fishing line) which won't rot. Hoping it will fit my new Super V
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudman2 View Post
Not a bad idea. The adco lets water through. I guess with the pvc you get air circulation and waterproofing from the plastic tarp
I use PVC in the front and back to keep it spread and make it easier to attach and remove. A short piece of PVC in front, just wider that the tongue with a wire through it, looped at the ends. This provides the attachment spots for a bungee that goes under the tongue. The bungee in the back hooks into the end of the PVC. I bought an 8X20 white tarp from the Home Depot web site.

Following an idea posted here, I have also built a cover for the front bubble windows with foam board. That is still a work in progress because it sags and holds water. I need to address this tonight because the Houston weather forecast is for the world to come to an end tomorrow. My plan was to make two just alike but the need for center support will make that more difficult. I'll figure that out and probably just use some wood sitting on a rag for temporary support until the flood waters recede and a new day dawns.

2012 Rockwood A122S

Old 06-15-2015, 12:17 PM   #7

It was under $800 made out Sunbrella by the Adco through Camping World
Jacink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:23 PM   #8

Thanks for the info
mudman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:02 PM   #9
Dryflycaster

Could you shoot me a picture of the PVC and how it attaches. Sounds like a good idea but I'm lost a little in the words.

wkollar@nycap.rr.com

Thanks !

Quote:
I use PVC in the front and back to keep it spread and make it easier to attach and remove. A short piece of PVC in front, just wider that the tongue with a wire through it, looped at the ends. This provides the attachment spots for a bungee that goes under the tongue. The bungee in the back hooks into the end of the PVC. I bought an 8X20 white tarp from the Home Depot web site.

Following an idea posted here, I have also built a cover for the front bubble windows with foam board. That is still a work in progress because it sags and holds water. I need to address this tonight because the Houston weather forecast is for the world to come to an end tomorrow. My plan was to make two just alike but the need for center support will make that more difficult. I'll figure that out and probably just use some wood sitting on a rag for temporary support until the flood waters recede and a new day dawns.

_bill

2017 RAM 2500 Cummings Diesel
2017 Forest River Avenger 27DBS
dryflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryflycaster View Post
Could you shoot me a picture of the PVC and how it attaches. Sounds like a good idea but I'm lost a little in the words.

Thanks !
Posted to the forum. Questions, suggestions or speculations for improvement are welcomed in the thread.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post894486

2012 Rockwood A122S

Old 06-16-2015, 05:02 AM   #11
Dryflycaster

Thanks for the quick reply. I have been using a large tarp as a cover during the winter months here in Northern NY. I have been holding it down with bungies at the tarp eyelets but that puts a lot of stress on the eyelets and some are starting to pull loose. I like the PVC idea and this Fall I think I will pursue that method.

Thanks again !

Quote:
Posted to the forum. Questions, suggestions or speculations for improvement are welcomed in the thread.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post894486

_bill

2017 RAM 2500 Cummings Diesel
2017 Forest River Avenger 27DBS
dryflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 09:22 AM   #12

I don't think you want to go the tarp route unless you can keep it from touching the entire top surface. I tried that and in just three months it the wind blowing the tarp had removed all the was and glazed the bubble windows
Gramps42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 09:49 AM   #13

Camco makes a decent cover that you can buy through Walmart. They run big in size . My Aframe is 19 ft long but the next shorter size fits well and it has ventilation openings so moisture can escape.
Gramps42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff