Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2015, 10:07 AM   #1
Member
 
Jacink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 42
Protection in a bag, For Flagstaff T 21QBHW

I used to buy the Adco trailer covers for a couple hundred dollars from Camping World and they only only last me a couple years. So when we bought our new Flagstaff T-21 QBHW A frame, We decided to invest in a custom Sunbrella cover
from Camping World made by Adco. We were the first to order one so they have all the sizes for a template if you decide to go with this kind of protection for outside storage. We live here in Florida so we get a lot of rain and a lot of sun so this is the best material for any kind environment.
IMG_1525.jpg
IMG_1522.jpg
IMG_1519.jpg
IMG_1520.jpg
IMG_1526.jpg
IMG_1521.jpg
IMG_1518.jpg
IMG_1523.jpg
IMG_1524.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1524.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	79857   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1522.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	326.4 KB
ID:	79858   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1525.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	399.8 KB
ID:	79859   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1520.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	225.5 KB
ID:	79860   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1526.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	380.2 KB
ID:	79861  

__________________

__________________
Jacink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:51 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
mudman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: S Florida
Posts: 193
I also have an adco but am looking for sunbrella. How much did it cost?


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
2015 Flagstaff t19QBHW
2015 tundra
mudman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:59 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,728
If you don't want full side coverage, use an 8 foot wide waterproof tarp. A PCV pipe in the middle props it up a bit to keep it from draping over the side and allow air flow underneath. It keeps UV and rain off the top while allowing easy access inside.
__________________
Tom

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:29 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
mudman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: S Florida
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooneil View Post
If you don't want full side coverage, use an 8 foot wide waterproof tarp. A PCV pipe in the middle props it up a bit to keep it from draping over the side and allow air flow underneath. It keeps UV and rain off the top while allowing easy access inside.
Not a bad idea. The adco lets water through. I guess with the pvc you get air circulation and waterproofing from the plastic tarp
__________________
mudman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:36 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
jeff64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: N. Illinois
Posts: 908
I've had an adco for 6 years and the yearly ritual is to patch up the small tears that inevitably occur. A piece of the self adhesive patching material on both sides and stitch in place by hand with Fireline ( kevlar fishing line) which won't rot. Hoping it will fit my new Super V
__________________
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:31 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudman2 View Post
Not a bad idea. The adco lets water through. I guess with the pvc you get air circulation and waterproofing from the plastic tarp
I use PVC in the front and back to keep it spread and make it easier to attach and remove. A short piece of PVC in front, just wider that the tongue with a wire through it, looped at the ends. This provides the attachment spots for a bungee that goes under the tongue. The bungee in the back hooks into the end of the PVC. I bought an 8X20 white tarp from the Home Depot web site.

Following an idea posted here, I have also built a cover for the front bubble windows with foam board. That is still a work in progress because it sags and holds water. I need to address this tonight because the Houston weather forecast is for the world to come to an end tomorrow. My plan was to make two just alike but the need for center support will make that more difficult. I'll figure that out and probably just use some wood sitting on a rag for temporary support until the flood waters recede and a new day dawns.
__________________
Tom

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:17 PM   #7
Member
 
Jacink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 42
It was under $800 made out Sunbrella by the Adco through Camping World
__________________
Jacink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 02:23 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
mudman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: S Florida
Posts: 193
Thanks for the info
__________________
mudman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:02 PM   #9
Dryflycaster
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern New York
Posts: 43
Could you shoot me a picture of the PVC and how it attaches. Sounds like a good idea but I'm lost a little in the words.

wkollar@nycap.rr.com


Thanks !






Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooneil View Post
I use PVC in the front and back to keep it spread and make it easier to attach and remove. A short piece of PVC in front, just wider that the tongue with a wire through it, looped at the ends. This provides the attachment spots for a bungee that goes under the tongue. The bungee in the back hooks into the end of the PVC. I bought an 8X20 white tarp from the Home Depot web site.

Following an idea posted here, I have also built a cover for the front bubble windows with foam board. That is still a work in progress because it sags and holds water. I need to address this tonight because the Houston weather forecast is for the world to come to an end tomorrow. My plan was to make two just alike but the need for center support will make that more difficult. I'll figure that out and probably just use some wood sitting on a rag for temporary support until the flood waters recede and a new day dawns.
__________________
Ever Wonder ?

_bill


2017 RAM 2500 Cummings Diesel
2017 Forest River Avenger 27DBS
dryflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:49 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryflycaster View Post
Could you shoot me a picture of the PVC and how it attaches. Sounds like a good idea but I'm lost a little in the words.


Thanks !
Posted to the forum. Questions, suggestions or speculations for improvement are welcomed in the thread.

Tarp Mod
__________________

__________________
Tom

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
flagstaff

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 AM.