Old 09-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #1

Purchased 2014 T12RBST yesterday! Need PDI

Hi all....I"m very excited to say that we bought our first A-Frame TT, and it's so exciting. Pickup will be next Saturday!

I have been busy shopping for our new TT, and some questions came to mind:

1. I see all over the forum about the PDI and to be sure we check everything on the list, but where do I find this list? Is this something I take with me or something they will provide?

2. I like it dark while sleeping, so I found some black out lining curtain panels (white) that I picked up today, and I was wondering if the curtains are velcro'd up, and if so, perfect, I will sew this in as a lining! Then, I will choose a black out curtain panel that includes a color on the 'right' side and shape them to fit the windows with curtains and use velcro dots to hold them over the blinds. I may even some quilting materials to jazz it up a bit.

3. Ok, on to cleaning ...what is everyone's fav cleaning products for the outside, inside and particularly the windows? Also, is there anything I need to do to keep the caulking in healthy shape?

4. Just a bit more, http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ilies/wink.gif ....next to the dark, sleep is key...while at Walmart today, I bought a memory foam mattress topper and I got a full size, a few inches smaller on length and width than what is currently there. However, the queen size is the right length, but few inches wider, I think 2 inches wider. What is everyone's thoughts about the size and/or topper vs mattress replacement?

5. I'm getting other mod ideas from your pictures, but some pictures say I am not allowed to see, is it something I'm doing incorrectly, or is it user choice?

6. All that's left is the FUN!! Thanks to all of you for your help!

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ignhavefun.gif http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...es/trink39.gif http://www.forestriverforums.com/for.../gathering.gif

Again....thank you!

Old 09-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #2

We use this list that I found.
RV Inspection Checklist
We ask the dealer if we could come out to the camper for an hour about 5 days before the pickup and systems checkout. We found a couple item that need some work, we gave them the list of those items to them and they were corrected before we did the check out and learned all the systems.
The list is for a big RV. We just cross out stuff that did not apply to the Aframe and left the stuff that we need to be shown for the checkout and question.

The curtains have velcro between the corner at the top and the top corner have cloth button that looks like a snap but I could not get them to unsnap.

You need to sleep on the mattress and then decide what to do. DW did not like it when we were looking at trailer, now she thinks it is OK.

As far as our check out the Tech started at the front and started a walk around, at each door /opening or fitting he would open it and operate it and tell us about it, then we went inside and did it all over again. It was a fast 2 hours. As someone said take notes.

1A Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:30 PM   #3

Some ppl video the PdI with their smartphone.
Queen topper is probably fine, I would not go with mattress replacement until you've slept on the OEM one a few times and then decide.
Depending on where you're going to camp, the pitch black outdoors may be dark enough you don't need the extra linings. If you do, you're going to have to figure out how to deal with the bubble windows, cuz those aren't lightproof.
Cleaning products, household products are fine for the interior surfaces. The glass windows can use any glass cleaner, the plastic bubbles use a cleaner designed for plastic like plexus - I would be very cautious about getting carried away with cleaning the bubbles however, don't do this every trip and you will introduce scratches no matter what product you use and there no need to accelerate that.
Outside, they make special RV wash but I just use mild auto wash detergent and water.

Caulking and other maintenance, there area number of threads in here with great detail. Main point is that silicone bathroom caulking is NOT what you want to use, there are a number of products made specifically for RV use.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:20 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalina3369 View Post
1. I see all over the forum about the PDI and to be sure we check everything on the list, but where do I find this list? Is this something I take with me or something they will provide?
Have a look at this:

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/buenav...PDI_V113_2.pdf

and this:

Forest River Forums - Downloads - PDI Checklist

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #5
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1A Camper View Post
The curtains have velcro between the corner at the top and the top corner have cloth button that looks like a snap but I could not get them to unsnap.
The button-like things I think are cloth-covered screw caps. Just pop the caps off (take care not to pull the screws behind them out of the wall). Once the caps are off you should see an ordinary screwhead. Unscrew it and you're done. It's the same with the three buttons in the over-door cushioning.

My disclaimer is that the newer models may have changed how things are attached. What works on my original unit may be different on yours. You should ask about it during the walk-through before trying to remove them.
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalina3369 View Post
2. I like it dark while sleeping, so I found some black out lining curtain panels (white) that I picked up today, and I was wondering if the curtains are velcro'd up, and if so, perfect, I will sew this in as a lining! Then, I will choose a black out curtain panel that includes a color on the 'right' side and shape them to fit the windows with curtains and use velcro dots to hold them over the blinds. I may even some quilting materials to jazz it up a bit.

4. Just a bit more, http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ilies/wink.gif ....next to the dark, sleep is key...while at Walmart today, I bought a memory foam mattress topper and I got a full size, a few inches smaller on length and width than what is currently there. However, the queen size is the right length, but few inches wider, I think 2 inches wider. What is everyone's thoughts about the size and/or topper vs mattress replacement?
Congrats on the purchase. We added blackout curtains to ours and it made a huge difference. It's so nice to not have the sun or other lights pouring into the camper when you don't want it to. At night, from the outside, you can barely tell there are any lights on inside either. I like that too.

We actually purchased a king size memory foam topper and cut to fit. We kept the extra foam for other projects. The topper makes it so comfy. I think I'm more comfortable in the camper bed than in my house now. In fact, we went camping a couple of weeks ago and we both slept a bunch and couldn't manage to drag ourselves out of bed because it was so comfy.

Tags
pdi