Old 03-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
I posted this up from last year when I still had my Coleman pop-up. The Thetford 365 is taller than the toilet provided with our a-frames, and it is very easy to use , flush, and clean.

We just got back from our camping trip and my first use of the 365.
This will be going on every trip that we take, it was easy to use and very easy to clean/empty. I bought a privy shelter from Wal Mart $35, and was surprised on the quality and ease of set up. If you purchase one make sure you assemble it on its side, then just stand it up and stake it down.

Thanks for the response. Yes, the height of the promo model concerned me just a bit...yet I think it stores under the front dinette storage so it might be ok. I saw the thetford "curve" on line and it looked pretty neat. I'll re-evaluate after the maiden voyage.

I did go ahead and order the trekker shower/latrine from cabela's. It had good reviews and I got 2$ shipping so I hope it's a keeper. It does not have a fancy rain-fly like yours but it does kind of magically pop open. The trouble is most likely folding it back into storage mode...could turn into a wrestling match.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #12

Quote:
1. Will I need a weight dist. hitch w/ sway control?...one salesman say no and a general manager at another dealer say yes...
I would listen to the GM first, but you haven't stated the tow rating on TV or what TV you have.

I can tell you with the old Tacoma towing 5K# Trailmanor 3326, sway on or off I never could tell. The lower profile makes the unit less suseptible to sway. However, I did not ever want to chance it.
Quote:
2. Has anyone up-graded from the promo porta potty that comes with the camper to a fancier model?...which model is the luxurious one?...
My heart bleeds for you! I looked at A-frames and when I saw the bathroom all I saw was me walking the dogs at midnight on some freezing, rainy night when the pardette wanted a 'private moment.' Glad to see your pardette is more open to it. This issue alone sent me to Trailmanor.

Having a better bathroom is probably not all that important to guys, but easier to clean is. Truth is, I suspect you are the one that is going to have to do that job. Still better bathroom leads to better camping bliss, especially when someone is unwell.

You have not described what kind of camping you intend to do. Cassette systems or Thetford AquaMagic are very good at keep water usage to a minimum. The more you dry camp, the more important these things are.

Though one important point is that a number of people I know who dry camp tend to use the location's own bathroom facilities rather than their trailer's. That extends range and duration of stay. Just something to consider...

'07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Diesel 4x4
Why I got into RVing & More Fun
ng2951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:09 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ng2951 View Post
I would listen to the GM first, but you haven't stated the tow rating on TV or what TV you have.

I can tell you with the old Tacoma towing 5K# Trailmanor 3326, sway on or off I never could tell. The lower profile makes the unit less suseptible to sway. However, I did not ever want to chance it.My heart bleeds for you! I looked at A-frames and when I saw the bathroom all I saw was me walking the dogs at midnight on some freezing, rainy night when the pardette wanted a 'private moment.' Glad to see your pardette is more open to it. This issue alone sent me to Trailmanor.

Having a better bathroom is probably not all that important to guys, but easier to clean is. Truth is, I suspect you are the one that is going to have to do that job. Still better bathroom leads to better camping bliss, especially when someone is unwell.

You have not described what kind of camping you intend to do. Cassette systems or Thetford AquaMagic are very good at keep water usage to a minimum. The more you dry camp, the more important these things are.

Though one important point is that a number of people I know who dry camp tend to use the location's own bathroom facilities rather than their trailer's. That extends range and duration of stay. Just something to consider...
The majority of our camping spots are primative ones. The toilet will primarily be for DW and young daughter so I'm not too skeered. The menfolk will be "roughing it." Believe me, ANY type of toilet is an improvement for what we're used too. The A-frame itself is going to be like the Biltmore compared to a tent...I'm giddy just thinking about it.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:02 PM   #14

I still backpack and tent camp and I enjoy both styles of camping, but I love stepping into my a-frame at night and turning the heated mattress on.

2016 A122 SXR (New)

2016 Toyota Tacoma DCLB
Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
I still backpack and tent camp and I enjoy both styles of camping, but I love stepping into my a-frame at night and turning the heated mattress on.
Yes sir...although we had to go with the double dinette for more seating (up to 8). We have 3 small children. I do have visions of one day converting one of the dinettes to a full time bed when the right time comes.